Chapter 27

I felt sick. I like going on funfair rides as long as it's not too much, but it was too much this time. Jack dragged me on so many and I couldn't say no but now I was sitting on a bench with my head on my knees, waiting for Jack to come back with a water.

"Here", Jack's voice appeared and I looked up. "Thanks", I said and drank.

He sat down next to me and rubbed my back slightly. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have convinced you to come with us on so many funfair rides", he said and sighed.

"It's fine, just give me a minute", I smiled at him. I was feeling better already but I sure won't go on another one.
The others went to eat something so it was just Jack and me right now and I kind of felt awkward but good at the same time.

"What about if we just walk around for a bit? You're not going on another ride and I've had enough too, actually", he spoke up after a while.

"Are you sure? I mean, you can go with the others if you want to", I said. I didn't want to bore him. But he shook his head.

"No, I'm staying with you", he gave me a sweet smile. "Okay".

He stood up and held his hand out for me. I took it and stood up too.

"I'm just gonna text Rian to let them know", he said and took his phone out of his pocket. He typed a message and put it back in. "Let's go", he said.

We started to walk and he put his arm around my shoulder after a while. My heart started to beat faster but I ignored it. 'He's just your best friend' I thought to myself.

After walking for about 15 minutes we stopped walking and our gaze fell to the same thing, a claw machine with the nightmare before christmas plush toys.

Jack took my hand and went over to the machine. "What? You won't win anyway", I said and laughed. He gave me a playfully glare and took money out of his pocket.

"Challenge accepted. I'm so gonna win, even if it takes me 20 rounds, we won't leave until I got one", he grinned and started to play. I leaned back against a machine, this can take hours.

8 rounds passed and he still hasn't won anything. "Come one Jack", I said and nudged him but she shook his head. He's such a child.

"Just wait", he said and started a new round. I sighed and watched him play again. He stuck his tongue out and was so concentrated, he looked so cute, I smiled to myself.

I stopped counting after the 12th round. "It will work this time", he said and put money in the machine.

"You also said that the last few times", I said and laughed.

He pressed the button and lifted a Jack Skellington plush. "C'mon", he said to himself and moved it. And really, he got it.

"Told you", he said and took the toy out. "I won", he screamed and held it up. A few people around us looked at us.

"Shh, yes you won, no need to scream", I said and let out an awkward laugh.

"Don't be bitter because you lost the bet", he said and grinned. I raised an eyebrow at him. "We didn't made a bet", I reminded him.

"You said that I won't win though", he said and I shrugged. Who could have knew that we will though?

I looked at the toy in his hand, it was so pretty. I was obsessed with the nightmare before Christmas, especially Jack Skellington, same as Jack.

My phone vibrated in my bra and I took it out. I got a text message from Rian.

From Rian:
Where are you at? We need to leave soon, come to the exit please"

I texted back that we're on our way and put my phone back.

"The others waiting for us at the exit, we need to leave", I told him and he nodded.

"But first-", he started and held the plush in front of me "-This is yours", he finished his sentence. Okay this is really cliche-like, now isn't it?

"But I thought I lost the bet?", I asked and smirked. He let out a chuckle.

"But you love Jack", he said and I looked into his eyes. I felt a fuzzy feeling inside of me and looked down at the ground.

"Probably", I whispered and mentally slapped myself. I hope he didn't hear it but he looked like he didn't. I cleared my throat. "Well..".

"Here, take it. But I hope he won't replace me though", he said and gave it to me. I took it in my hands and smiled.

"I can't promise anything", I said and giggled. He pouted and I laughed at him. I went over to him and hugged him.

"No one could ever replace you Jacky, thank you", I said with a slightly chuckle and he hugged me back.

We pulled away and he stared at me with a smile on his face.

"Well, let's go", I said and nodded my head direction exit. "Okay", he said.

On the way back Jack hooked his arm with mine without saying anything. He just kept on walking. I didn't think about it any more and just went with it.

We reached the exit and everyone was standing there, looking at us. I waited for Jack to take his arm back, but he didn't.

"Have you two found your way back to us finally?", Alex said with a little smirk on his face.

"Jack had to win a toy", I said and held it up. "Typical Jack", Matt said they laughed.

"The guy wins a toy and gives it to the girl, just like in the movies", Vinny said and I blushed a little.

"Didn't we want to leave?", I asked to get the attention away from us.

"Right, come on", Rian said and we all went back to the car, driving back.