Chapter Twenty-Nine

*Bruno's POV*

"Babe, what's wrong?" "We can't send her to school," Skylight said, staring straight. "Why? Darling what's wrong?" "I can't have her go through what I went through Bruno." "Babe she won't. Everything will be okay." "I just can't," she said, running into the bathroom. All I could think about was what she could be doing. Harming herself. I ran to the door. "Babe, don't hurt yourself. I love you. You are strong. You can do this. Please Sky." "What's wrong with mommy?" "Don't worry about it Olivia. She's got a lot on her right now." I heard load sobs from the bathroom. I leaned my head against the door. "I can help you through this darling. Please come out." "What's going on?" Phil asked, wheeling himself into the room. "Skylight's having flashbacks," I said, still leaning my head onto the door. "Poor thing. She doesn't deserve any of this." "I know. I just wish I could help." "Why don't you guys just homeschool me?" I looked at Olivia. "That's a great idea." I looked back at the door. "Babe, we can have Olivia be homeschooled if you want. Baby please come out." I didn't hear anything. "Skylight baby are you okay?" "Y...yeah." "Come out baby please." Skylight came out of the bathroom. "Let me see your arms," i said. She rolled up her sleeves. No new cuts. "Come with me." I walked over to the bedroom. Skylight followed. I shut the door and locked it. "May I check around your body?" "If you want." I took off her shirt. I felt and looked around. "You're so skinny," I said, rubbing her stomach. "Is that good or bad?" "I love you for you. No matter your size." I could tell she smiled. "Okay you are clear on the top half." "I'm good with the rest Bruno. Please trust me." "Okay I believe you. You can put your shirt on." She put on her shirt. I opened up the door and Kam and Phil were looking at me and Skylight. They were smirking. "Oh grow up," I said, laughing. "Hey good for you," Phil said laughing. "Would you like me to kick you in the face?" Skylight said, laughing. "Dad, what are you guys talking about?" "Oh it's just an inside joke that's not meant for little kids." "You can tell me." "No we can't sweetheart. It's not age appropriate. They like to act like little kids," Skylight said. "Hey don't be jealous that I'm awesome and you aren't," I said, crossing my arms. "Skylight looked over at me. "Excuse me?" "Ooooooo," Kam and Phil said. "You heard me." "Wow and I thought you were so nice," Skylight said, rolling her eyes. "Well talk to the butt cause this face ain't listening," I said, turning around. Skylight slapped my butt and laughed. I turned around. "Run baby girl." Skylight's eyes widened and she ran. I chased after her. Boy do I love teasing her.

Thanks for reading. Please comment