Chapter Forty-One

*Bruno's POV*

We walked inside the room. "Mommy," Olivia said, running into the room. She ran over to Skylight and hugged her. "Hey Olivia. How was the pool?" "It was fun but it starting raining." "That's the fun part about swimming," I said. "She met a boy," Presley said, shutting the door behind her. "Oooo what's his name?" Skylight asked. "Jason," Olivia said, blushing. "Where does he live?" I asked. "California." "Maybe you can meet him there," I said. Phil wheeled into the room. "Hey my man. How you feeling?" I asked, bro hugging him. "I'm feeling good." "That's good." Everyone walked into the kitchen for lunch. "Uh Bruno can I speak with you?" Skylight asked. "Of course babe. Where would you like to talk?" "Somewhere private." "The balcony?" "Sure." We walked out onto the balcony. We sat down on the lounge chairs. "So what's up?" I asked. "I...heard what you said to Kam." "What did I say to Kam?" "Something about marriage." I looked at the ground, without a response. "Do you wanna talk about it?" Skylight asked. "If you want to." "Are you sure you wanna marry me?" Skylight asked. "Yes." "It's so rushed. We've only been dating for a month. I think we should wait till I'm 23." That destroyed my heart. "Tw..twenty three? That's almost 4 years from now." "I know. But I just think we should wait a while." "Al..alright." I stood up. "Are you mad?" "Nope. It's your decision." I walked into the room. Kam looked at me. "Lunch is ready. It's your favorite." "Thank you so much but I'm not really hungry." "Aww Bruno come on. It's your favorite." "I'll heat it up later. I just wanna relax for a while." "Is everything okay?" Kam asked, walking over to me. "Yes don't worry about me." I walked into the bedroom. I laid down on the bed. I looked up at the ceiling. I get that Skylight doesn't wanna get married because of her age but 4 years from now? I can't wait that long. I started to get tired so I took a nap. "Bruno," I heard a voice say. I looked up. Her face looked shocked. "Babe, is everything okay?" "You need to see this," she said, holding out her hand. I was confused but I grabbed onto her hand and we walked out into the room. We looked at the tv. "Breaking news, Bruno Mars's house has burned down. How it happened? We don't know. Luckily no one was hurt or home. Here's the video of the scene at 2am," the news lady said. The video of the house burning down appeared on the tv. "How did this happen?" I asked. "One word...Mack," Phil said. "How would Mack do that? She lives here. California is far away," I said. "Well nobody else could do that," Papa Mars said. "We should go down there and see if there's any evidence," Skylight said. "Sounds good to me," I said. We packed out things and left.

Thanks for reading. Please comment