Chapter Forty-Five

*Bruno's POV cont*

"Where is my girlfriend?" I asked, crossing my arms. "She's at the hospital. Some guy beat her up." "And you didn't stop her?" I asked. "I was in the restroom. I came out and saw that she was on the floor, laying there all bloody. She told me that some dude beat her. His name began with a C." "Carter," I said under my breath. I ran out of the room. "Dad I gotta go," I said, grabbing the keys and running out of the door. I drove all the way to the hospital. I ran in. I ran over to the front desk. "What room is Skylight in?" I asked. "206," the lady said, not even looking at me. I ran to the elevator. I pressed the button for the second floor. I got out and ran to Sky's room. I knocked on the door. "Come in," Skylight's beautiful voice said. I opened up the door. Sky looked over at me as I walked inside. I walked over to her. "Hey sweetheart. How are you?" "I'm alright. I have many bruises and cuts on my body from Carter. You know? The usual." "Aww sweetheart. I shouldn't have made you go get coffee," I said walking over to the bed. I sat down on the bed. "It's not your fault Bruno. It's his." "No it's not." "Bruno, don't beat yourself up." "How long are you in here for?" "Probably overnight. I hit my head pretty hard on the ground when he took me down so they wanna make sure my head is fine." I laid down next to Skylight. "Well I hope they know that I'm not moving from this space," I said, stroking Sky's hair. The door opened and Carter walked in. "You," I said, getting off the bed. Carter stood there. I ran over to him and pinned him against the wall. I grabbed him by the throat. "Why are you here?" I hissed. "I came to apologize," Carter said. "How am I suppose to believe you?" I asked. "Let go of me and I'll show you." "I don't believe you," I hissed. "Why would I come here then?" "To mess with us." "Carter, why did your mom say you killed yourself?" Skylight asked. "Because I wanted to get back at you for not loving me. I got the house on fire cause I knew you would want revenge on me and that you would come all the way here to get me." "Bruno, you know what to do," Skylight said, smiling evilly. I punched Carter really hard in his face. He fell to the ground. "He should've known that was coming," I said, laughing. "He should've." "What should I do with him?" I asked. "What we all do with trash, Throw him away." Carter kicked my knee. I fell to the ground, holding my knee. I groaned in pain. Carter kicked me in the stomach and ran out of the room. "OH NO CARTER'S GOING DOWN," Skylight said, getting out of bed. "B..Babe d..don't go," I said, struggling to talk. Skylight ran out of the room. I struggled to get up. I limped out of the room. Skylight was nowhere to be seen.

Thanks for reading. Please comment