We just have to go. (Chapter 17)

Sorry I haven't uploaded in a while..... I was out of town for the past week. On 'vacation' *sigh* It's complicated.....I'm going to be out of town tommorow too and maybe for a couple days so don't expect any uploads at all  during the next three days.... :( I guarantee if you check then you'll be disappointed. :( I got the time to upload now so I'm uploading but I have to do it fast because if I take too long my little cousins throw huge fits when I don't play with them.... XD..... :/..... XD HUGE NEWS:THIS STORY WAS ON THE WATTS HOT LIST FOR HUMOR (#512) HOORAY AND THANKS TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO"VE VOTED AND COMMENTED AND READ THIS STORY. I NEVR THOUHGT I COULD GET THAT FAR ON WATTPAD AND IT WAS MY BIGGEST GOAL AND I GAVE UP ON IT BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE. But now I realize its not. I can believe. Please help me  achieve my new and ONLY goal (forget the ones on my profile) To be on the first page of what's hot. I know its a big goal, but can ya'll help??? :) Thanks to everyone who read this author note :D Right nowtyhe story dropped off the list because i didn't upload for a week but I'd love for it to go back!

 TRIGGER WARNING: THIS HAS ONE OF ALISSA"S FLASHBACKS ABOUT HER DAD IN IT. Not too bad, but some parts might be bloody....fair warning. I am not going to try to go into detail. I hope its not too detailed, I'm trying to skip parts. Please comment on what you thought about this section. i would love to fix any problems with it andmake it better (whether that means adding or taking away parts is fine ith me)

ENJOY

~~~~~

I grabbed Jacob's hand. "We have to go! NOW!"

He looked confused. "Why?"

I resisted glaring at him. It wasn't his fault. He didn't know. Even if it wasn't dad, I wasn't taking any chances. I had to go.  Now. "We just have to go."

I hurried along pulling his hand hoping dad wouldn't turn around. Jacob looked disappointed, but that wasn't a priority to me right now.

"Why are we leaving? I thought you were having fun?"

"I am," I corrected myself, "I was. "

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Then..."

"What do you mean, then?"

"Why do you want to leave then?"

I sighed, frustrated. I didn't have time for this. The moment dad turned around I was dead.  I remembered what dad told me before he left.

FLASHBACK

Dad was limping. I was laying on the kitchen tiles, bloody, bruised, and broken. Chase shoved him down once more, and I heard dad's leg crack.

I looked away and sobbed. I managed to choke out, "Chase! Please, that's enough, that's enough." I was holding up my bleeding head two or three inches off the ground trying to keep it steady, so I could see what Chase was doing to my dad.

But I couldn't take it anymore. I dropped my head, hard. I was pretty sure I heard a crack, but who knows? Maybe I was hallucinating. I was bleeding pretty bad. Maybe I was losing consciousness or something. Is this what it felt like to die? To faint? To choke? Did everyone my age feel this helpless? I was pretty sure my friends didn't deal with this.

It all started when I was four. Well, at least for me. Who knows how long dad had been doing this to mom. Dad would hold me in his lap and lift his hand under my shirt and crawl it up and about. It got worse. When I was 7, our family went to a professional photographer's store to get our Christmas pictures taken. I was put in Dad's lap and Chase stood slightly in front of me, hiding Dad's hand. Where was dad's hand? Oh I think you know. It was down there. His hands were massaging me outside my underwear. Disgusting.