Enough (Chapter 28)

I needed to upload to make up for my poor uploading habits XD VOTE!!!! I'm losing readers :( It makes me sad! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if any of you have time, check out my story : We'll Kiss Again! I uploaded yesterday ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay.

Enough was enough. I was going to find Jake whether he wanted me to or not. This entire week I was trying to get a hold of him, but he kept disappearing right when I found out where he was. I couldn't catch him when I picked up Liam because he claimed he had another job to be at and he gave Liam to the oh-so-happy librarian who I then took Liam from. Liam was actually a good student, always getting A's, so I couldn't even give a legitimate reason to schedule a conference through the principal with Jake. If I tried to call him, he just ignored me. Chase started dropping Liam to class off now because if I came within a two foot radius of the library, Jake would disappear. Now Chase knows something is different between me and Jake, but he hasn't said anything yet. Jake was driving me insane.

So I didn't go through with our stupid plan to dupe Ryan. So I fell for Ryan instead. Big whoop-dee-doo. Now Jake was just acting childish. He was acting like this because he liked me, and I didn't pick him. It was ridiculous. I couldn't control my feelings. He was ruining our relationship all because I didn't choose him. And after all that time we'd spent together, Friday after Friday, I thought he would've cared about our relationship more. He was tossing it in the garbage.

I decided to hide in the library before school started. That way when Jacob walked in, I would pounce on him and get him to confess on why he wasn't talking to me. I had to hear it from his mouth. He needed to tell me that he liked me if I was really going to accept him throwing away our friendship.

He's fallen in love with you. Remember when you went to the café on your first 'date' he asked you about your favorite color? He asked you about your family. He cared about you. That's why he was helping you break Ryan's heart. Don't you see? He wanted you for himself. He fell in love with you in a month.

My conscience was back to haunting me, leaving me to think about whether my best friend was in love with me or not. Was it really possible that he loved me so much he didn't want to talk to me anymore? How did that make any sense?

Jake was my friend. One of the first friends I'd made since coming here to this school. I missed having him in my life. Was he ever going to talk to me again? Or did he just hate me now? People did say there was a fine line between love and hate. Maybe I had it completely wrong. Maybe he hated me instead of loving me. It was impossible to know for sure with him avoiding me.

I told Chase I seriously had to talk to Jake instead of making up an excuse for coming to school early. I was done with lying. Especially to my own brother. Chase didn't question me, and now that I think back on it, it was because he was glad I didn't lie to him. Now I was behind a rack of old encyclopedias in the library, sitting at a perfect angle to see when Jake walked in.

My heart lurched as I saw his handsome face for the first time in weeks. I took in his dark brown messy hair, his slim yet muscular body, and his beautiful face. I longed to see his beautiful blue eyes.

Woah there Alissa. You are dating someone. You have a boyfriend. Ryan. Think about Ryan. Don't get ahead of yourself.

I couldn't help it.

I yelled across the library. "JAKE!"

He spun around so fast I'm pretty sure his neck cricked. He took one look at me and sprinted out the library. I shook my head.

Nu-uh.

No running away anymore. Not on my watch. I dashed after him, already panting in two minutes. I wasn't exactly the most athletic person in the world. I turned a corner as I saw his leather jacket go down the left wing, otherwise known as the science hallway.

"JAKE!" I screamed after him.

If it was possible, he ran faster. By this time, the school was starting to have a steady flow of people, who by the way, were all shooting me crazy looks as I raced past them.

Jake slammed through a crowd of people and flung the front doors of the school entrance open. I had to battle my way through the crowd of students to see Jake. He was already in the parking lot! I started to shove my way through everyone, not bothering to say 'excuse me' or 'sorry' and shoved them out of my way. I jumped down five steps onto the ground and sprinted after Jake.

"STOP!"

I heard some people mutter around me. "I always knew she was crazy."

I didn't even blush. Jake was already in his Merceds and I did the only thing I could think of to stop him.

I jumped in his way.

Not smart thinking on my part, I admit. But it seemed like a good idea back then.

Jake slammed his breaks and the tires squealed. All talking stopped and literally everyone, from the parking lot to the main entrance, stopped to stare at me.

I tried to breathe evenly as my cheeks darkened. I jogged over to the side of Jake's car. He was shooting daggers at me. I glared at him as I pulled on the passenger door, and he locked it. I punched the glass of his expensive car and held back a grin as he frowned at me.

'Let me in' I mouthed to him. He shook his head and smirked.

Fine. Two can play at that game. I pulled out my own house key from my purse. Then I made sure he saw and slowly drew the key to the paint on the car, ready to scratch it.

His eyes widened, and I read his mind.

You wouldn't.

I grinned evilly at him.

I so would.

I started to pull the key when I heard the 'click', signaling the car had unlocked. I smirked. I think I won.

I sat in the car and closed the door. Grinning at him, I asked, "So how's your day been going?"

He shook his head, biting back a smile despite himself. "Unbelievable."

I got straight to the point, smacking him on the arm. "What's the deal with you? Why have you been ignoring me? Why haven't you picked up any of my calls?"

"Why do you care?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"I do care! Of course I care. Why would you even think I don't?"

He furrowed his eyebrows.

"What?" I asked him.

I was met with silence. I repeated, "What?"

He shook his head slightly. "It's nothing."

"No, tell me."

"Seriously, its nothing," he assured me.

"You were going to say something," I pestered.

He shook his head. I hated when people did that. It was so annoying when someone had something to say, and then that person changed their mind at the last second.

I gave him the best  puppy dog face I could manage. "Please, please, please! Pretty please?"

He burst out laughing. "Okay," he managed to choke out, "But only if you never make that God-awful face again in your life."

I blushed furiously. Surprise there.

I wasn't sure, but I thought him mutter, "There's the blush I know and love."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was supposed to update this 2 days ago, but I didn't. I added a little bit more to make it longer. Hope you guys had a happy holiday :) VOTE PLEASE :D Enjoy ;)