Where's my wallet? (Chapter 24)

Sorry for the two week late upload :( I had ALOT of tests! I wanted to upload since I have a little time and I haven't uploaded in a while :) Please vote! THis may be short since I don't get too much time on the weekends :(

Enjoy ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day at lunch I sat with the rest of the guys at our usual table. I wished Ellie was here right now, but she had 'D' lunch while we had 'A' lunch. That basically meant that she had to eat later than we did; it sucked because you went hungry longer. 'A' lunch people were the first to eat, thank god. We waited for the lady to dismiss us to get food. Apparently, this school had too many people, so they conducted crowd control by have a lady dismiss each table to go eat. It was like an emcee releasing tables at a wedding, only we were getting served shit food and there was no music or dancing.

Soon a familiar blonde and blue eyed guy entered my vision.

I couldn't help but smile. "Hey Ryan."

He threw me a grin and slid next to me on the wooden bench, purposefully trying to push me over. I laughed and smacked his arm.

He smirked. "Violent, aren't we?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah right."

He gave me a solemn look. "It's true. You kicked me in the shin, you smack me in the arm, you--"

I cut him off. "--OK. So I'm a little violent. Who cares?" I batted my lashes at him flirtatiously.

He muttered under his breath. "Who cares? I care. Not to mention your anger management problems."

My jaw dropped. "I do not have anger management issues!"

He chuckled.

Chase reached our table with Matt. Matt raised his eyebrows. He spoke suspiciously of me.  "You're in a particularly good mood today."

I blushed. Was it that obvious that I was happy because of Ryan? Yikes, how embarrassing was that? I didn't want Ryan to know how much he really affected me. I mean, we'd both admitted that we like each other, but I was in love with Ryan. There was no way I was telling him that, especially not when we hadn't even gone out on a proper date. "Really? I didn't notice..."

Chased sent me a pointed look toward Ryan. I tried to keep the heat off my cheeks. If I kept acting weird, Chase was going to notice. It felt like my cheeks were on fire. "Is there something I'm missing?" Chase questioned.

I stuttered. "N-no."

He raised his eyebrows. "Really? Because I feel like I'm forgetting something. Was someone supposed to tell me something? What do you think Ryan? Am I forgetting something?"

Ryan shot me a 'help me' look. I avoided all eye contact with him and focused my eyes on the ugly gray tiled floor. Ryan squirmed in his chair. "No."

Chase narrowed his eyes. "OK, well if you remember what I'm forgetting, then tell me."

Ryan nodded his head. Chase then left to get his food along with Matt trailing behind him. I took a deep breath.

"Whew, that was close."

Ryan's eyes nearly popped out of his head. ''Close? Chase knows. He's not an idiot Sass."

I shook my head no. "I don't think so. He's just suspicious. We have to stay away from each other. Later when he's not so skeptical about us we can hang out more."

"So what do you want me to do? Date other girls?" He asked.

Was he being serious? "No!" I cried out, appalled. "Just...let's just keep up dating in secret for a little while, but we'll be extra careful. I'll try to spend less time next to you in school."