Cops, kissing, and a strip show oh my (Chapter 34)

My new student/teacher story will be out sometime later tomorrow :) Its called Sing to My Heart :) Check it out if you get the chance! Sorry for a late upload....my dads on my case for two bad test grades in math D:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shit," I heard Ryan mutter under his breath.

"What's going on?" Jessica walked out of the room with a linen sheet around her body. Her eyes widened as she saw the police and immediately scampered back to the room.

"Freeze," The police man warned. Jessica stopped moving and didn't turn around to face the officer. The police man inquired,  "Which one is your friend?" 

Jake nodded his head and pointed his finger towards me. "That's Alissa," he informed.

I ran towards Jake and flung my arms around him. "Oh Jake," I whimpered.

"Shh," He reassured, "It's okay. I've got you, I've got you."

The strong wall I'd built up, shielding my emotions from him cracked and fell apart. I hid my face and tucked myself into his chest. He wrapped his strong arms around me, and I willed myself not to cry.

"J-J-Jake-" I was interrupted.

"Shh, don't cry, I'm here for you." He sounded pained.

That did it. After everything I did to him. He still cared for me. Why? Why did he care for me? I left him! I left him for Ryan! Ryan pretended to care for me, pretended to love me, and he used my brother to get to me! He never loved me.

I broke apart sobbed into Jake's chest. I could feel my tears soaking through his white shirt.

I loved Ryan. Why did I pick Ryan? Why did I ever fall in love with Ryan? How could I have fallen in love with him? How could I not see that he was cheating on me? That everything he told me was a lie? Why couldn't I see his words were lies? Why couldn't I tell his love apart from Jake's? What made me pick Ryan over Jake? Why was I so naïve? Why couldn't I have a normal relationship with any person on earth? Why did I make such horrible choices in life? So many questions ran through my head.

My most important question however:

Would Jake take me back?

If I told him I loved him, that I'd always loved him, would he believe me? Would he want me? Want to be with me? Does he even love me anymore? Would he feel like a replacement? Would I even have any type of a relationship with him? Would he want to be my friend?

His shirt was stained black and I knew my mascara and eyeliner had melted off my hot face and permanently stained his shirt. My makeup was like my life. It hid my ugly life and lies. I hid my relationship with Ryan from Chase and hurt my brother. I hid my ugly truth from Jake, even though he was one of the only people I trusted the most: Chase, Ryan, and him.

Now only him and Chase.

This was so embarrassing. My brother and Jake both knew I loved Ryan and that we were in love. At least, I thought he loved me. I know I used to love him.

 And he cheated on me.

He cheated on me.

He cheated on me.

The painful words swirled around and danced in my head, mocking me. I was an idiot. I should have listened to my brother. I should have never given Ryan a second chance. I should've never fallen for a player.

"Come along miss," an officer directed.

I ignored him and buried my face in the chest of the man I loved. If the cops took me away, when would I see Jake again?