Dangerous Marble World (Chapter 18)

So....last chapter the votes dropped considerably :( So please, if you are reading this note take time to push the vote button

its over there  

<<<<<---------------------------------------

and it pushes me to finish the story. I'm trying to upload as much as possible because school will start for me in less than a month. Please vote and help me upload. Thats the very least you can do. Thanks to my readers. ENJOY :)

Oh, and be prepared to cry ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Excuse me?" I asked. He was not going to interrogate me about who I was with when he didn't even tell me that he was spending the afternoon with Jessica. If he didn't tell me, then I didn't have to tell him.

He crossed his arms over his chest. "Where were you?"

I shifted my feet nervously, looking at the ground. I needed to stay strong. "I told you. I was out with a friend."

He raised one eyebrow. "Really?"

"Yeah." I tried to sound confused.

He stared at me, and I stared back. He held my gaze evenly for a few minutes until I finally cracked. Chase always won. 

 I sighed. "Look, Chase, I'm tired. Can you at least let me go inside?" I was still standing out on the porch. I hadn't expected him to accost me the minute I set foot inside.

His stiff posture changed, allowing me to enter our home, but he didn't speak. I was going to walk up the stairs to take a shower before I did my homework when I passed by the living room.

Ryan was lounging on one of the sofa's and caught my eye as I walked by. He smirked.

A light bulb went off in my head.

He told Chase I was with Jacob. He must have seen me.

I glared at him. What was his problem? Did he enjoy irritating me weekly? I felt like punching his face. And I had only known him for a week. What was going to happen for the rest of the year? Would my stupid plan even work? Could I actually use Jacob for insight about guys to crush him? What if I actually fell for Ryan and he broke my heart?

No, that was stupid and would never happen. Why would I even want a relationship with devil of a dickhead? I'd like to maintain my love life on a crush level with him.

Ryan winked at me. "Good luck."

I groaned and mentally slapped myself. How could I have let Ryan see us? Now Chase would never be off my tail. I didn't want him to be the overprotective and obsessive brother.

I was so close to the stairs and being home free when I heard Chase call my name with authority in his voice.

"Come here."

I walked over to the living room where Ryan was now grinning like a fool. I felt like smacking that smile off his face. I went to Chase who was standing and who still had his arms crossed over his chest. He towered over me as I stood next to him, and I felt like melting into a puddle.

I managed to stutter a, "Y-yes," and internally slapped myself. I needed to grow a backbone. I hadn't done anything wrong, and I needed to start acting like it. 

"Have a seat." He took a seat in our brown armchair. Our other matching armchair was occupied by a pile of bookbags and sports uniforms, etc. I was forced to sit next to Ryan on the couch. 

"Do you have anything to say?" he challenged me.

I gulped. "Where-where's Liam?"

Chase furrowed his eyebrows and then his eyes widened.