Chapter 4 - She's On The Hunt

~ ~ Chapter Four ~ ~

Swinging my hand up and hitting the back of Brody’s head with a loud thwack, I growled lowly, “No swearing – it’s disrespectful.”

He immediately reached up and rubbed the back of his head as he turned and frowned at me, “It slipped out,” he grumbled while quickly turning to shove Harper for laughing at his pain. I rolled my eyes at the pair of them as I slumped down onto a soft patch of grass, well aware of three nearby presences.

Turning my head slightly to the side and smiling a little as I found the dark black fur of a wolf hiding in the shadows of the trees; it was cute that he was giving me and my brothers some space right now but Brody still found a fault in it – saying he was way too close and could hear everything we say.

I had rolled my eyes at that comment while pointing out that Vance and Chris were also nearby and that as much as Brody may not like it – we are all a pack now and keeping secrets in such a small pack was like mission impossible three.

“I wonder why her grave is here though,” Brody finally spoke the words out loud that I knew we had all been thinking and I sighed softly.

“Maybe this is where she died?” Harper offered as a reason – the same reason I had been thinking of as well, which would mean that this Alpha Sims would have answers but then on the other hand, maybe dad doesn’t want us to have answers. Why else would he never speak about her or explain anything of what happened?

“Well,” I spoke up as I climbed to my feet, brushing the back of my stolen jeans off, “I for one am happy not knowing anything. We’ve found her, said what we had to say and so we should get a move along now.”

“Are you serious?” Harper gasped dramatically as his eyes flicked from mums grave to me.

I nodded once, “Very.” I didn’t see the point of bringing up the past, even if the past is about the woman who gave birth to us all.

Both of them stared at me for a few moments and I raised my eyebrows while waiting for them to hurry up and agree with me but they merely shared a knowing look and Harper looked back to our mums’ final resting place while Brody looked off into the trees. “Well I want to know more,” he muttered softly.

“Same here,” Harper agreed with him and I groaned internally.

“That’s your choice but don't force me to go along with it,” I growled lowly. I don't know why I'm so against finding anything out but I guess it because it won’t change anything, it won’t bring mum back and it won’t help us know her anymore than what we do know and most of all – it might upset dad and we get along well now, so I don't want to jeopardize that.

Harper sighed deeply before turning back to face me with a slightly pained look, “Do you mind if we go find out what we can?” he asked softly and my heart went out to my brother.

I can be stubborn and rude and many other things but heartless? No, that’s not in my personality.

Smiling at my brother, I shook my head slightly, “I'm kind of hurt you would even ask me that Harp,” and I flashed him a quick grin to show I wasn’t really hurt by his words.

He quickly ran at me with wide open arms and I welcomed his hug, feeling like I needed one after today as I rested my head on his shoulder and snuggled in slightly while his arms wrapped around my back. It was nice – until Brody ruined it.

“Naw, family hug!” he shouted out and latched onto the both of us from side on and began squeezing as hard as he could.

“Urgh, my ribs! My ribs!” Harper shouted out in fake pain, making me laugh but it was a constricted sound since Brody actually did have a pretty good hold on us.