Chapter 35 - She's On The Hunt

~ ~ Chapter Thirty-Five ~ ~

“I feel like a kid on Christmas morning,” I whispered excitedly to Chris as we hurried across the grass at the front of the school behind Dad.

He grinned back at me, “I know, this is so crazy, what is he doing here though?”

Shrugging as Dad shoved the double doors open at the same time, sending them both slamming into the walls inside the corridor. “I hope he goes all badass on all the students and then I can stand behind him all gangster like and be all ‘yeah, that’s my dad douche bags’.”

Chris stared at me as if I had lost it as we passed the now broken doors of the school, “I seriously worry for your sanity at times Eva, seriously.”

Rolling my eyes as I pushed him a little, “Shush you, my sanity is just fine thanks.”

“Just who the hell do you think you are?” an all too familiar voice demanded from just up ahead and a massive grin spread across my face as I looked in Grug’s direction as he glared at my Dad.

Dad spared him a quick glance before growling at him, “Let me guess? The principle?” he demanded and Grug looked behind Dad to see my grinning face and Chris’s face full of anticipation – both of us wondering if a showdown was about to happen.

Dad knew all about how Grug tries to make us kids’ lives hell, so I was highly curious if he was going to say something right now or not.

“That I am, and you are not authorised to be here during school hours,” Grug snapped back, eyeing Dad up and then glancing back to me and I think somewhere in that little brain of his, he might have seen the connection, but he didn’t get time to elaborate on that.

With one swift movement in his direction, Dad’s right hand came barrelling forward in a clenched fist and smacked Grug right in the nose, sending the guy falling backwards on his butt.

“Heck yeah!” I screamed, fist punching the air with a massive grin on my face as I watched Grug slowly sit up in a daze, shaking his head a little as blood started to trail down from his nose.

“You stay away from my children, you got it?” Dad growled in a threateningly tone and Grug’s eyes widened, but he said nothing as Dad kept going on his merry way.

Turning around to look back at Chris with my eyes lit up in excitement, I started laughing as I noticed his phone in his hands, “Please tell me that was on video camera mode?”

He nodded wildly, “Heck yeah it was, and it’s going to be all over the net in just a few minutes.”

Jogging lightly past Grug and poking my tongue out, “You just got served by my Dad!” I laughed loudly as Chris jogged behind me while we went to catch up with Dad.

“Have I ever told you just how cool your Dad is?” Chris asked loudly, still playing with his phone – no doubt spreading that video all over the internet.

“You have now!” I laughed loudly again as we rounded the corner.

Up ahead were the double doors to the lunch area and Dad was about to walk past them, “Slow down old man!” I called out, hurrying up to catch up to him.

Dad stopped and looked back to me and I smirked at the sight of him all dressed up in his suit and tie with his nicely polished black office shoes while his face was a mask of anger. It was a mildly scary sight.