Chapter 16 - She's On The Hunt

~ ~ Chapter Sixteen ~ ~

Brody walked in ahead of me, swinging the front door open with enough force to slam it into the wall behind it, and I cringed a little as I heard the handle hit and damage the tough interior. He cursed quietly as he quickly rushed around the door to inspect what he had done, and by the time I poked my head around to see – his hand was covering it as he leant against the wall in a not so casual way, smiling nervously.

Raising an eyebrow as I took his posture in, “You’re in trouble,” I sang quietly and teasingly.

Brody scowled, “Nu-uh, I’ll just tell Dad that you did it.”

Shaking my head as I walked further into the front foyer; dropping my bag on the ground as I caught a whiff of Chris’s fresh scent, “I'm the favourite now, remember?”

“Exactly,” Brody smirked when I glanced back at him, “Dad won’t tell you off as much as he would me.”

Rolling my eyes as I shook my head again, “Not going to happen bucko.”

“I’ll love you forever,” Brody tried to use a cute voice with me, but all it managed to do was make me cringe.

“Eww, never do that again, besides you have to love me forever,” and I childishly poked my tongue out before heading towards the stairs, “Creepy Chris!” I sang loudly, smiling to myself a little as I started up the stairway in search of him and an explanation.

“Oh come on Eva! I’d take the blame for you!” Brody protested loudly as he started walking up the steps behind me.

Turning my head to look back at him over my shoulder with a frown, “No you wouldn’t, you already think Dad won’t yell at me, so why would you take the blame if you think I won’t get in trouble? Huh?”

He scowled again, “Fine, I’ll get Grant to do it then. At least he is a good sibling.”

I scoffed loudly, “Grant won’t, not unless you give him something first and we all know that boys favours don’t come cheap,” I grunted at the end, remembering the time I had to give him all the money I had stashed under my mattress just so he wouldn’t dob me into Stevie for accidently melting his favourite army men set. Then the second Stevie started yelling about them, Grant dobbed right away! “I’ll get him back for that,” I muttered as the old memory resurfaced again.

“I’ve already got something he wants,” Brody muttered casually and I turned to look at him again, and he simply shrugged, “What? I do.”

Nodding, “I'm sure you do, never said I didn’t believe you,” I yawned and rubbed the side of my face to wake up a bit. Maybe it was a good thing we left school early, now I can get an afternoon sleep in.

“I bet Chris is hiding from you right now,” Brody chuckled as I looked down along the hallway once we reached the top, just to see no sign of him.

“Chris! Answer time! Come on boy!” I called out loudly and even whistled as I started walking forward.

Travis stepped out of the games room, his eyes looking me up and down with concern in them and I groaned internally – I didn’t like that look because it usually meant a lecture was soon to follow.

“Pack meeting,” he spoke in his Alpha tone before grinning, “I love being in charge of you lot.”

“Mature, real mature bro’,” Brody grumbled, probably a little sour that he isn’t the Alpha, but then again – I personally don’t think anyone else would have been able to handle the job and be so fair about everything in the same way as Travis is.