Chapter 36 - She's On The Hunt

Dedication is for the AMAZING picture on the side there! Make sure you look at it! It's Saxon fighting a rogue in wolf form, and this is just seriously some mad artistic talent!

~ ~ Chapter Thirty-Six ~ ~

Slamming the door open and letting it hit against the wall with a crunching thwack, I couldn't drop the grin from my face, even if I were to try. Scanning the room, I instantly found the sobbing blob and ran across the dirty floor covered in clothing and junk food wrappers and containers, "You'll never guess what! We have a secret cousin - how cool is that? It's like something that would only happen in a movie, but the best part of it all? Saxon thinks he wants me, he thinks our cousin is after me in a non-cousin way!" I cried out in one giant mouthful, only stopping to take in a lungful of air.

My eyes were watching Brody's miserable face as he blankly stared back at me, not changing in the slightest and my grin faded a tiny bit, "Wow bro', you could at least laugh a little. I mean, Sax the idiot just accused our secret cousin of wanting to be with me. How the heck are you not finding this funny right now?" I frowned, my grin completely gone and it's all thanks to the little girl lying on his bed before me.

Brody still kept his blank stare on me as he spoke, "I'm sorry Eva that I don't find anything to do with your relationship with Saxon amusing. Not all of us can have a stupid mate," he muttered on the end and I rolled my eyes.

"You're one thick in the head dude bro', seriously. I don't think I have met anyone as stupid as you are at times. So her Uncle is a wanted rogue, get over it and move on. Eat some cement and toughen up princess because this," and I paused to motion to the filth around his room and then finally rested my finger pointing directly at him, "is gross and no girl would ever want to openly claim you as her mate."

"Get out," he growled softly, but he meant it one hundred percent.

Since when do I ever listen to anyone though? So I shook my head and walked past his bed to go and open his curtains, I swear I did this last time as well. "Are you trying to become some hermit non-blood sucking vampire or something?" I asked, smiling a little over my shoulder at him, but my humour was going to waste right now.

Rolling my eyes again, I pushed his window open, knowing his room needed airing out as well as some natural sunlight to try and kill of all the germs that would be having a field day in here right now.

"Close the curtains!" he snapped, and yet again, I completely ignored his demands.

"No can do kiddo, I’m snapping you out of this crap even if it’s the last thing I ever do - and I don’t know about you, but I want to see Em and Travis's child born," I smiled again. He needed help and clearly everyone around here was just happy to let him wallow in his own self pity, but I wasn't.

"Just leave," he groaned and pulled his doona up and over his head.

Shaking my head as I walked back over to where he was laying, "Children these days. C'mon, up and at them soldier! Today is the day you screw your head back on again!" I cried out, yanking the doona off him and throwing it across the room. "Grant!" I screamed out, causing Brody to wince,

"Don’t invite him in here,” he hissed furiously as he struggled to find something else within reach to cover himself with.

"What?" Grant shouted back a moment later, I had ditched them all in the office, needing to tell someone right away, what that idiot of mine had just said.