Chapter 5 - She's On The Hunt

~ ~ Chapter Five ~ ~

(Emily’s POV)

Walking down the hallway towards mine and Travis’s room with my mind working over the math problems that I knew where going to be used in today’s exam, I reached out and took hold of the door handle, turning it slowly but as I opened it I paused.

Turning my head to face further down the hall as a small frown flittered across my face while I tilted my head slightly to one side and listened only to hear nothing. I shrugged it off and took a step into my room but then I heard it again – the sound of muffled laughter.

Tilting my face upwards a little as I inhaled deeply through my nose, a small smile spread across my lips as I shook my head gently, “Those boys,” I mumbled to myself with amusement as I turned away from my room and started walking down the hall, following their scents.

Eva’s bedroom door was slightly ajar and I held in my laugh since invading a girls bedroom – even a tomboy’s room, is no real laughing matter. I could hear two distinct voices belonging to one Stevie and to one Grant from behind the door and quickly pushed it all the way open, letting it bang softly on the wall behind it and freezing both boys to their spots.

Grant was sitting inside the open doors of Eva’s walk in closet with a small pile of clothes behind him as his hands were in the process of searching through another pile that was in front of him while he looked at me with a sheepish grin.

Stevie on the other hand worried me a little as I frowned at him, he was standing up on Eva’s bed and the way he was bouncing slightly still made me think he had actually been jumping on it while he was still swinging a tampon in his hand.

“It’s not what it looks like!” Stevie suddenly shouted, hiding his hand behind his back with the female evidence while I shook my head at him, refusing to allow myself to laugh but then I imagined if Eva were the one to find them like this and I couldn’t hold back anymore – that would have been very funny.

I could picture her chasing them as she screamed death threats at them at the very least, not to mention the payback she would get on them.

“That depends because it looks like you are playing with your sister’s feminine products,” I laughed, holding my hand up to cover my amused smile as his face turned slightly red.

“N-no...it’s a weapon,” he muttered while looking over at Grant for help which is now that I noticed more tampons were lying on the floor all around him.

He huffed loudly as he continued searching through the pile of Eva’s clothes, “I'm not the one playing with them,” he muttered.

“No, you’re just stealing clothes,” Stevie pointed and shouted while flinging the tampon at the back of Grant’s head which made me laugh again.

“I am not,” Grant snapped loudly and looking defensive as he turned and faced my way, “I'm really not – do you know how many shirts are in here that don't even belong to her?” I shrugged since I didn’t have a clue and he quickly jabbed a finger towards the pile behind him, “All of them and still counting.”

“She’ll be back one day and will know instantly that you both were in here,” I pointed out with a small grin while they both looked over at me.

“You’re in here too,” Stevie was a bit slow to point out and I glanced down at my position just inside her doorway and shrugged.

“She loves me and besides, she’ll know I didn’t enter all the way in or touch her stuff,” I grinned again.

“Yeah but by the time she comes back Saxon might have her under some kind of control,” Grant smirked jokingly as he chuckled a little.