Chapter 8 - She's On The Hunt

~ ~ Chapter Eight ~ ~

Bolting through the trees with the wind whipping at our faces as we grunted with each step we took, I was feeling worn out but apparently this is my own entire fault and I asked for this because I wanted to have a nap – I'm seriously thinking of taking Saxon up on his offer for ground rules now.

‘Faster!’ Saxon’s voice filled all of our minds and I was nudged from behind which only resulted in me almost tripping up. Glancing over my shoulder and snapping my teeth with a loud growl at Vance who had taken it upon himself to be the one pushing me from behind while Saxon led the pack.

Another thing I will be having words with Saxon about later – he can’t have seriously thought it was a good idea to let Vance of all people keep pushing me from behind.

‘You wanted the rest Eva, now you have to make up for it,’ Saxon shouted back, getting agitated with me and the others....well okay, just mainly me because I'm coming in last but my belly still feels full. I feel all bloated and overweight right now and he is making me run a marathon.

‘I hate you,’ I grunted back, glaring at the back of him as he leapt over a fallen log which was covered in green moss.

‘Hate me later, we have wolves to catch up with,’ came his smart-aleck reply.

‘Slave driver,’ I huffed as I jumped over the same fallen log he had just moments before me.

‘Close your mouth and run,’ Vance snapped from behind me, giving me another so called ‘friendly’ shove – friendly my butt, he was totally enjoying this right now and I wouldn’t be surprised if he had begged Saxon to let him be my pusher person.

‘Get away from me!’ I shouted with anger but Vance just howled gleefully at my frustration with him.

Stupid wolf boys, I hate them so much, they are so annoying but two can play at this game.

‘Eva, don't,’ Harper’s voice suddenly warned and I glanced up at him, he was a few paces ahead of me and off to my right hand side amongst the trees, weaving in and out of them.

‘Don't what?’I was confused.

He flashed me a wolfish grin before replying, ‘Whatever it was you had that devious look in your eyes for.’

Have I ever mentioned how much it sucks to have people constantly around you who know you so well? So well that it’s insane, if I haven’t – well it plain right out sucks majorly.

‘Whatever,’ I mumbled and kept running but I dodged off to my left to get into the trees and hopefully lose Vance from my tail as I followed Brody’s paw prints in the soft dirt. Vance was quick though and he stayed right behind me which made my jaw clench tight as I held back on the urge to stop running, turn around, and attack him straight out.

‘Back off from my sister! She can run without your darn help,’ Brody suddenly snapped loudly and with slight anger. I looked up at his figure ahead of me and smiled, I could always count on Brody to defend me because he’s so angry all of the time and always ready for a good fight.

‘He is following Alpha orders,’ Saxon growled and a low growl emitted from within Brody. Saxon suddenly stopped running and spun around to glare at Brody, his ears pinned back and his teeth bared as he growled dangerously, ‘You challenging me?’ he snarled.

Everyone had stopped running, including myself and I was tempted to roll my eyes at how such a simple situation can be blown so out of proportion and become a huge drama.