Chapter 21 - She's On The Hunt

~ ~ Chapter Twenty One ~ ~

“Where are all these new wolves coming from? Seriously, it’s like they all just popped up over night,” Tarsha asked loudly, shooting daggers at the girls who were walking ahead of us, swooning over Saxon – who, by the way was strangely enjoying the attention, and a little too much to.

During the entire drama period, those annoying girls with their giggling and flirtatious smiles hung off Saxon and as much as my inner wolf and myself wanted to go over there and rip them back by their fake hair extensions; I didn’t.

“Who cares?” I shrugged while avoiding the sickening scene walking a few metres up ahead of us.

“Um, should you?” Gemma asked quietly from the left side of me, and I turned to look at her. She was a few inches shorter than I was, and it was awesome. Usually everyone is taller by a few inches.

“Nope,” I casually smirked. I would not let Saxon get to me like this, this was nothing but a game of will and strength and I would be the standing winner. I'm going to make sure of that.

“I’m actually surprised our Alpha has just willingly let these wolves onto our lands with no repercussion whatsoever. Normally he would have torn them to shreds and ran them back out of town with brute force,” Tarsha babbled on and I smiled to myself.

She was actually pretty cool, but man does she never shut up once she starts talking. I’ve also gathered that her tough appearance and ‘don’t come near me or I’ll rip your darn head off’ vibe was all an act.

“He’s weak now,” she added on the end and I laughed quietly over that comment, but stopped when a deep growl from up ahead could be heard.

“Crap,” she hissed, “Sorry Alpha, I-I didn’t mean it, honest,” she whispered apologetically as she averted her gaze to the walls of lockers.

Scoffing loudly, “Don’t apologise to that fool.”

Tarsha looked over at me with a hardened gazed, “It’s easy for you to say and think that, he won’t banish you from the pack.”

Shrugging as the three of us stopped by Gemma’s locker so she could unload her bag, just to reload it with books and folders for her next classes, “If he does, join mine. The Thorn pack isn’t harsh and strict like he is, and we have fun – because we know how to. We are just plain awesome,” I grinned at Tarsha, but she just rolled her eyes and shook her head a little.

“You won’t be in the Thorn pack forever Eva,” she commented.

“Wolf says what?” I cried out with attitude and she gave me a stupid look, along with Gemma who closed her locker door and locked it. Smiling as I shook my head, “I will never leave my pack, for any reason.”

“Whatever, the point of all of this is, I have to respect my Alpha,” Tarsha grumbled as we started walking down the hall again.

“Eva is meant to as well, but she doesn’t,” Gemma added in her sentence, which happens every now and then during Tarsha and mines conversation.

Scoffing again, “I don’t have to respect him; respect is earned, not given.”

A classroom door slammed from up ahead, though I didn’t pay any attention to it, since it is a natural sound to happen in a school. However, I did pay attention when a very familiar and ticked off voice started shouting, snapping my eyes up to look at Saxon and his groupies.

“What the heck do you think you are doing!” Chris roared furiously as he stormed down the hallway towards Saxon. Tarsha quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me off to the side of the hall, excitement in her eyes as the scene began to unfold before her.