Chapter 31 - She's On The Hunt

Dedicated to my perve-crazy spammer Ginny, this is all you get girl - so savour the moment! (you know what I'm talking about) =P

~ ~ Chapter Thirty-One ~ ~

"You really kicked Stevie's butt in that game, bro'," Grant spoke to Saxon and I could tell by the tone of his voice that he had a massive grin on his face as well.

"Beginner's luck," Stevie grumbled from right behind me and I glanced over my shoulder to see him sulking, which brought a small smile to my face until I noticed Saxon smirking at me from further behind.

Apparently I'm not even allowed to storm off by myself. Apparently I get a whole entourage of idiots.

"What can I say? I just have natural talents with everything I do," Saxon replied, his tone cocky as anything.

How I wanted to peg a rock at his head right now. That would make this situation a lot more fun for me.

"He's had that game for a few weeks now and has never been able to pass level twenty one, and you did," Grant continued talking, and I wanted to throw a rock

at his head too, just because he was acting as if Saxon was some kind of gaming legend when we all clearly know that it is me.

"I just wanted to storm off by myself," I grumbled under my breath as I kicked a small rock out of my way.

"You can't always get what you want," Saxon called out in a teasing tone and a low growl vibrated through my chest with annoyance.

Who died and made him the boss of me?

"Psst!" I hissed out the corner of my mouth, "Stevie!"

"What?" he grunted, still sounding and looking like a pouting child.

Rolling my eyes, "Just get over it already, so he beat you, no need to act like a girl."

"I am not a girl," he scoffed loudly, insulted by my words.

"If you say so," I mumbled, "Anyway," I started whispering again, "Want to itchday hetay oserslay?"

"I can speak Pig Latin Eva," Saxon called out again and I looked back over my shoulder at him to notice he had picked up his pace a bit now.

"Crap! Run Stevie, run!" I immediately shouted and we both started bolting down the street. The bottom of our shoes were slapping against the bitumen as we used speed which were not permitted within human populated areas.

 "They can follow our scents you idiot!" Stevie shouted out, laughing a little.

Running away from your family like this is pretty immature, but darn it is so much fun!

"Let's just see how far we can get then!" I called back, laughing louder than he was.

Stevie was holding the lid up and I bolted up to the metal container and quickly jumped in, landing on some bags as he shut the lid after us. With a huge grin on my face, I looked over at him through the dark, "Best ninja move ever."

Stevie scrunched his nose up, "Worst place to hide ever," he muttered, using his fingers to pinch his nostrils together.

Taking a small whiff of the foul odour, I almost gagged, "Oh wow. That is horrible."

"Why I even listen to you at all is beyond me," he grunted, lifting the lid of the skip bin up a fraction to allow some fresh and cleaner smelling air in.