•1•

Days off are supposed to be fun right? Well, in my case, wrong. Sitting in the house alone is extremely boring when you're in the mood to go out.

You pick up your phone and text your best friend, Ola. She agrees on going out for a walk with you so you run upstairs to get your coat and you wait patiently on Ola coming to the door.

"Where are you going?" Your mom asks. You roll your eyes and hope she doesn't tell you off for going out in this weather.

"Im going out with Ola, just for a walk" you smile. She frown at you.

"Have you seen the weather? Its almost like a storm out there and you're going for a walk? Also, i still don't trust this town" she clenches her jaw. Seriously?

We moved to this town around a year ago, you love it but your mom and dad aren't sure. They think this town is dangerous since 2 people disappeared a few months ago. They were reported missing and they haven't returned, what makes them think this could be dangerous? These missing people could have packed up and left town.

You smile and shake your head. "Mom, i'll be fine".

"Well please call me if you need me" she spoke and nodded. You nod back and pull your hood over your head as you leave the house. As you close the door behind you, you're hit by the cold, harsh wind.

"Hey are you sure you want to walk?" Ola shivered. You laugh and walk towards her,
"Theres that little bar about 20 minutes away, can we not just go there?" She asked, in fact, begged.

You shrug and nod. The little bar it is then. You chat about how great it is knowing you only have a month of school left before you leave. It's wonderful. You look up at the street lights that are flickering which is pretty creepy.

You finally get to the bar, its not busy and its not quiet, which you suppose is alright.

"Oh thank god its warm in here, i was freezing to death out there" Ola sighs. You roll your eyes and sit at at a table, giving you time to warm up before you get drinks.

"Umm weird stranger girl staring at you over there" Ola signalises with her head. You frown in confusion and look over to where Ola was signalising and she was right, some brunette girl about your age staring. You faintly smile and she nods her head in return. You look away and get up to get drinks and by drinks you mean glasses of lemonade because you know for a fact your mom will not allow you to go out again if she found out you consumed alcohol tonight.

You stand at the bar and wait on the bartender getting your drinks.

"Hey" you hear someone speak beside you, you turn to see who it is and discover its the girl that was staring not too long ago.

"Hi" you smile and she smiles back.

"Are you new here? I haven't seen you around" you ask politely and she smirks.

"Yeah i come to this town every now and then, my grandmother stays here" she informs.

You chat for another few minutes and you then invite her to sit with you and Ola, which she does.

"So do you go to school?" You ask and she shakes her head.

"I left school, I'm...lets just say i don't fit in too well" she smiles and you giggle.

"How old are you?" Ola asks. She bites her lip.

"Im 18, what about you two" she nods.

"Same age" Ola replies. You look at the mysterious girl and realise you don't even know her name yet.