•20•

You felt it. You felt the warm blood running down your neck. Your blood, pouring from the new wound in your neck. There was no pain, just pure shock, knowing you were going to die right here. It was her, she bit you. She hovered over you with dark eyes and your blood plastered all over her mouth. She let out an evil laugh.

"Finally, the perfect opportunity to do what i've been trying to do for so long"

With that, you sat up instantly, quickly bringing your hand up to your neck and realising it was perfectly fine and untouched. You realised that it was all in your head, it was a nightmare. Camila stirred beside you before she noticed you sitting up.

"Are you okay?" She asked in a raspy voice. You were quick to respond, you nodded your head but your hand still remained on your neck. Camila looked at you curiously, it looked as if she had worked out what was wrong with you by your body language. She sat up and budged closer to you and placed her hand on your lap.

"Did you have a nightmare?" She asked you. You felt a little vulnerable, you haven't ever been scared of her but right now...you are a little frightened. You didn't answer her.

"I wouldn't ever do that to you. You know that right?" She said.

"W-what?"

"I'd never bite you. I couldn't do that" she spoke. She moved your hair from your sweaty forehead and kissed it softly.

"I know. I-..i just had a horrible nightmare and it was like this moment, right now...you bit me and I-"

"Its ok" she hushed you, pulling you closer, comforting you by rubbing her hand up and down your arm.

"Forget about it" she said. You nodded and took a few deep breaths. Forget about it.

"Are you feeling any better? Still under the weather?" She asked you. You shook your head.

"I think I'm feeling worse, actually" you say, covering yourself with the bed covers again.

She smiled and sighed. "When i was a kid, my mom used to make me hot chocolate when i was ill. It'd make me sleepy and i'd get a great sleep" she told you. You smiled, you loved it when she told you stories about her life as an actual human.

"I would get my grandmother to make you some, but shes up north for a while. Guess i'll have to make some for you" she said while getting out of bed. You checked the time on your phone to notice it was 3:53AM. Its this early in the morning and Camila is going to make you hot chocolate. How cute. She threw you a hoodie for you to put on so you weren't cold, it was a slightly oversized hoodie which you loved.

You followed her downstairs to the kitchen, you sat on a stool and watched her make the hot chocolate she speaks of. After a few minutes she turned to you with two mugs, she placed one down in front of you then sat on the stool opposite. She took a drink of hers and smiled. You did the same, god it was good.

"This is really good, the great hot chocolate making skills must run through your family" you smile.

"Im the only one left so i guess i've done a good job of keeping it going"

"Wait, what about your grandmo-"

"Shes not my real grandmother" She admitted.

"Really? And this is my only finding out now?" I asked in utter amusement.

"I guess it hasn't really come up in conversation" she chuckled.

"Tell me more" you said, smiling, waiting to find out more.

"Basically, she was the only person there for me when I turned into...this. She treats me like a granddaughter so thats why i call her my grandmother. I love her. Shes just amazing. She made me feel welcome and at home, she cooks for me, taught me how to be a good person...made me feel less alone i guess" she explained before drinking more of her hot chocolate.