•18•

She hasn't called. Hasn't texted. Been at school.  Is she even in town anymore? You thought to yourself. Everything was bad. Tears were constantly running down your face and there was no possible way to stop them. Everytime you felt them threaten to spill from your eyes, your reminded yourself that it was you that ended the relationship. You that pushed her away when she tried. Now, she probably hates you.

The funeral is later today. You were surprised at how well your mom was taking this, you knew on the inside, she was broken. She didn't like to show that though because she wanted you to be strong too.

"Hey sweetie, are you ready yet?" Your mom asked you softly. You looked at her and nodded, yeah you were ready, but not ready to sit through the funeral of your father.

"Hey, i know this is going to be hard...is Camila going? Maybe it would help" your mom asked. You felt your heart break a little at the mention of Camila's name. You shake your head and sigh.

"I don't even know if shes in town. I highly doubt she is going to show up" you tell your mom.

"Do you miss her?" She asked you quietly. She knew the answer to this. You nod but shrug straight after.

"I miss her, but i just can't be with her anymore. I can't" you explain. It hurt you to say it, but it was the truth. You couldn't be with her, you couldn't be with anyone right now.

Your mom let you have some space. You really needed it, sometimes all you need is your own company...don't you?

Your eyes drifted to your phone. The question 'should i call her?' Repeated in your head over and over again. No, you can't. You don't want to fall back into that trap again. The good memories replayed in your head, causing a small smile to tug on your lips, it wasn't until you realised you missed her even more than you knew before, you felt tears stream down your face. You shook your head and wiped your eyes, grabbed your purse and made your way down stairs, ready to face the most painful thing you'll ever have to go through.

---

You watched all of your family, all sad and dressed in black, talking to eachother and other family friends who have come along. You took deep breaths as you tried to keep it together. You knew you were most definitely not going to be able keep it together, but you may as well try.

Your mom was talking to your aunties and uncles, you didn't know what to do with yourself? You stepped forward to walk towards one of your family members, but a hand met your back which surprised you. You turned to see your moms, best friend's son, James, standing slightly behind you.

"Hey, um i just want to say I'm extremely sorry for your loss" he said after clearing his throat.

You forced a smile and held his arms out, you barely knew the guy, but you needed someones comfort right now.

"Thank you" you said to him. He nodded and pulled away from you.

"Yeah, me and my mom are devastated for you and your mom. My mom mentioned that they all went to school together and have all grown up together, i can't even begin to imagine the pain" he said. You breathed in and tried your best again, to stop the tears from flowing out of your eyes.

"Hey, im sorry for triggering memories" he apologised, rubbing my back soothingly.

"No, its ok. Just being here is making me cry" i said, faking another smile. You notice everyone entering the building which reminded you that this whole thing was very much real.

"You want me to walk in with you?" He asked politely, you looked at him and shook your head.

"No, thanks but Im gonna take a breather. Your mom will be waiting on you" you informed him, he smiled and nodded. He waved at you as he walked into the building with his hands in the pockets of his blazer.