Give Me A Sign, I Want To Believe

"Yes, I do say stuff besides, 'I don't know.' for your information." I state.

"I wasn't saying you did."

"Yeah, you did. You stated so 2 times."

"Is it a big deal?"

"It is to me."

"Is everything a big deal to you, Tyler?"

"Kind of."

"If somebody asked you to look at them in the eyes, would that be a big deal?"

"Look.. While, you're doing fine. There is some people, including myself, who have really tough time getting through this kind of life so.. I don't know, excuse us while we sing to the sky."

"Singing to the sky?"

"Yeah.. I've always thought that God would be in the skies and clouds."

"That's reasonable but if everything is such a big deal to you, that's a bit weird."

"Well, we're broken people and I want to make a change and NOT be a broken person."

"What exactly is a broken person, Tyler?"

"Somebody who is damaged and needs help. I don't want to be damaged and I don't want nor need help."

"I wasn't saying that you do need help, I just don't know why everything you see is a big deal."

"Because I think everything has a use.. A purpose."

"A purpose?"

"Yeah.. You'll see purpose start to to surface sometime soon."

Mr. Grant comes back with Josh.

"Mr. Grant, I was just getting a toaster strudel." Josh says, putting his phone in his pocket.

"First of all, the cafeteria is downstairs whereas the band room is upstairs. Second of all, we don't serve toasters strudels. Third of all, is there a toaster strudel in the band room. I'm sure some kids left a toaster strudel here on that scavenger hunt we did last year."

"You never know, maybe somebody hid a toaster strudel here from last year for the scavenger hunt but nobody could find it."

Jenna grins.

"That's a possibility, Mr. Grant." I say.

Mr. Grant looks at me. "But a very DISTINCT and vague possibility, that is." I back down.

I don't believe that a student left a toaster strudel here last year on the scavenger hunt because Josh is joking but I would want to believe that. It'd be really funny if there was a toaster strudel under on of the desks or seats in the band room. It'd be worth a laugh since I need to laugh sometime since I don't seem to enjoy anything.