She's The Tear In My Heart (The End)

(You might want to rewatch the Tear In My Heart music video to understand Tyler's performance in this book.)

Josh didn't want to drum with me for China and so, today, it'll be a one-man show.

Time has gone by so fast, a month and a half has felt like half an hour at most but we've reached what I've been working at for half the school year and I hope I don't disapoint.

We took different flights, I didn't even see Jenna or Josh get on one of the planes, I'm just scared about what will happen with both of them.

I sat by Zack Merrick, we're not too fond of eachother but it's not like we dislike one another.. Because we've never talked to eachother for the most part.

"Now, everybody, settle down." Mr. Carter stood at the front of the airplane where we could all see him.

"We're going to set up the instruments you asked for wherever you want that is around a quarter of the perimeter. Follow me." He exits the airplane and students follow him. I follow Zack Merrick out as he exits the airplane.

"Tyler, follow me." Mr. Nolan whispers.

"Okay." And so, I followed him.

"Since I helped moving the instruments, I put the piano you asked for in front of this statue, here." He points to the piano.

"Okay, that's nice."

"And we put the drum set in front of the piano so you can keep sight of your friend."

Friend.

Friend.. Friend, friend.

Josh is still my friend?

Josh IS still my friend, after all.

"Okay, thanks Mr. Nolan."

"No problem, you warm up and we'll go live in 20 minutes."

20 minutes?!

I tried figuring out how this could have possibly worked with just me singing and playing piano.

Piano is super punk rock, in my point of view but it won't work with my piece of crap voice.

Do you know how people have singing voices? Like, in interviews, they sound completely different from the recordings of their songs.

I don't have a singing voice, I just have my regular, worn out tone of a voice.

So,  I went through my head for minutes on end until Mr. Carter came around to remind me something, "6 minutes."

"Wait, I'm going live first?"

"Yeah." He walks away.

Crap, crap, I cannot do this, I'm not good going stag, I can't- Oh my god.

Josh comes out of the crowd and sits on the stool.

"Josh, what- Do not question, I'm saving your ass." He interrupts me.

"Okay, uh.. Do you have the beat down?"

"Slow down, gangster." He twirls his sticks around his fingers.

I laugh and he chuckles, "Hey, dude." 

He calls out as I work on the piano.

"Yeah?"

"Sorry that.. Jenna isn't here. It's a shame. I'm sure you'll be awesome.. Singing and piano wise."

I smile, "I thought you said sorry was getting old."