Chapter One-Returning Town.

Holidays are quite boring when you have no one to spend with.
I feel tapped here.
Due to snow storms, all the offices are shut which means no work for me.

How can people manage living a life without any work to do?
Call me a workaholic.
My wife 'Natasha' is at her sister Tanya's place. She'll be back in a day or two. I can't resist anymore living alone.
I wish that she comes back as soon as possible but I can't even stop her from meeting her family... because family is the most important part in one's life and Life without a family... it's worse and I know it.

My chain of thoughts are disturbed by several knock at the door.

I scramble towards it and open the door to find Mr. Davis.

My neighbour Mr. Davis is here to give me the letter which got posted a day before when I was at the grocery store.

I checked the letter, as I feel hyperactive. It is Lauren's letter which I got it through speed post. I start to read it.

"Dear Chris,
I am sorry for the late reply and I should had told you earlier but due so much tension here, I couldn't inform you.there is some terrible news for you as well. Sir Dominic is no more. We all are in a great shock because of his demise. Henry and Jane are here preparing for the funeral . It is on you whether you might be here till this Thursday or not. I hope to see you brother. Take care.
Yours Sincerely
Lauren.

I couldn't believe my eyes as I kept on reading that part again and again.
I felt devastated. after all, he was my mentor even though he was selfish for his oen happiness but I shouldn't forget that he was more like a father to me.
Shit!!! It's Wednesday today. I must leave or else I won't make it to his funeral.

Without thinking much, I rushed to my room and started searching for my bag.
I added few pair of clothes and came out whilst locking the door.

As soon as I turned around,  Natasha engulfed me into her warm embrace.
she hugged me while I was standing numb.

she looked up instantly
"are you okay? you look tensed". She asked sensing my worry.

"My mentor is no more and I've to leave for his funeral now". I murmured. I studied her face which showed remorse.

"That's very sad ...., Wait I'll accompany you, just a second". She said after a pause.

I couldn't say no to her, avoiding any further more debate, I nodded slightly.
She quickly dropped her other bag inside and We left for the bus stand.

Vote & Comment.
*This Chapter is short*.