Chapter Ten-Dinner with the Savior.

Flashback continued.

After a week of adjustments in my new office, I really engrossed myself with the new surrounding, forgetting all the worst times before I had gone through.

It was Thursday and I had completed my article much before the deadline. Mr. Steven had taken a leave that day so
I had an option to take a half day leave as I had no work left to do.

Suddenly, I heard Natasha yelling from her office.
I rushed to her cabin. She was crying terribly, covering her face with her palms.

"What will I do? Mr. Steven would be highly disappointed". She mumbled with teary eyes.

I looked down her table. she had spilled all the ink on the story content which Billy had written.
He too wasn't there.

That content was supposed to be written with the comics, Natasha had drew.

Natasha's wept as those tears from her cheeks strained her face. She lifted her brow at me with pleading eyes.
I agreed to help her. We sat down at her table and she showed me all her sketches. I began writing the story content of my own imaginations.

We completed our work by past 20:00. Natasha finally sighed in relief.
She thanked me a lot of time.

I drove Natasha to her place. In order to return the favour, she invited me for dinner at her house.

After a slight hesitation, I agreed. She rang the doorbell and her mother opened the door.

Natasha resembles her mother to a great extent. She is as beautiful as her mother.

Wait... what?

Her mother greeted me well.

"Maa, Sorry for being late by the way he is Chris Wond, My friend and colleague from Office". She introduced me.

I was a bit astonished. She regarded me as her friend.
Her mother smiled.

We stepped inside. I sat comfortably on the couch while Natasha followed her mom. Natasha got a glass of water for me. Meanwhile, I was admiring her house. I found some of their family pictures of Natasha with her sister probably and her Dad hung on the wall.

Her Dad looked different. He appeared more like Natasha's sister.

"Memories! Time flies so fast. That's my elder daughter 'Tanya'. she's married now and my husband, Natasha's Father holding Tasha in his arms". Mrs Sinha pointed towards the photo frames.

"That isTanu (Tanya) and the to the left is Tasha (Natasha) wearing red dress in that picture". She pointed to the other one.

"So Chris, tell me something about your family". Mrs. Sinha asked while serving me a bowl of curry at the dinner table.
I froze.

"I have no family, My parents died in a car crash while I was two. Since then I lived at a foster home till I became independent and moved out". I muttered in a low voice.

"Mrs.Sinha, this curry is awesome. Natasha by the way thank you for inviting me or else I wouldn't have tasted this kind of amazing food". I changed the topic.

"Son! whenever you feel to have indian food, you can join us always. We would love to have your company with us ".She added.

Finally After having meals, Natasha escorted me at the door.

"I hope you liked the dinner. Tried something different out today, I wish Mr. Steven may like our work tomorrow".She planted a soft kiss on my cheeks and wished me goodnight. she avoided the eye contact all this while. When I was leaving, I looked back for the last time and she was still standing at the door, waving her hand out to bid good bye.

I directly went to sleep after I reached home. It was indeed a long hard but a pleasant day.

Please vote and comment