Chapter Eleven-Declaring Love.

Flashback continued.

Next Day, as Soon as I entered the office.
Denise, Mr. Steven's secretary came up to me.

"Chris! Boss has called you in his cabin immediately".She spoke.

I nodded and stepped inside his cabin after I knocked on his door. Natasha was standing in front of him. She looked down as soon as she saw me entering.

"So Chris, you are finally here. I was anxiously waiting for you". He maintained a grim face.

"Is everything okay? Mr. Steven". I asked.

"Actually Billy came up to my cabin this morning, he had acknowledged that Natasha has not published his work which was quite unexpected. So I called Natasha and she told me the whole thing that happened yesterday". He smirked.

I stared at Natasha. She still didn't look at me and stood still lowering her gaze.

"Chris! I read your work and I personally love it. You are a very talented writer. So I decided that you would be switching your work with Billy. Natasha! henceforth, he would be working with you". He declared.

I agreed to Mr. Steven's decision and I had to shift from my old cubicle to Natasha's cabin and I did it fast. Billy was more than happy to switch places because he found Natasha very pestering and intimidating.

She warmly welcomed me to her department and we started working on the kids section based comics thereafter.

Few weeks later, our Column grew popular as we started receiving many fans letters from parents of those kids who wrote to us appreciating our work.

The magazine was then topping the chart.

To celebrate the success of our magazine, Mr. Steven organized a party.

In a span of weeks, I grew close to Natasha because of being together with her all the time working under her.
We became good friends but I felt something strange at times. She always avoided eye contact with me.
On the day of party, We decided to go together.

I reached her dormitary at 18:00. I was wearing my favorite black tuxedo.
She stepped out in a knee-length strapless red dress.
She had left her hair open as they were short and had applied very minimal amount of make up.
She looked glamorous and mesmerizing and I couldn't stop looking at her.

"You look gorgeous. Nice outfit". I complimented.

"You too look handsome". She blushed.

We went inside the night club. Mr. Steven was with his wife.The atmosphere was dark and people were enjoying themselves.

Mrs. Steven stepped forward as the spotlight was on her.
"For all our people present here. I would congratulate you for the grand success of our magazine. I would like to raise a toast for Mr. Wond and Miss Sinha for their hardwork for our magazine and thank you all for doing the same with our magazine and enjoy yourselves". She concluded.

The music started grooving and our colleagues started dancing on the dance floor. Natasha and I occupied a place near the bar.

Denise came up to me. She asked me for a dance and I wanted to refuse but before I could deny, she suddenly pulled me to the Dance floor.

Later, I saw from the corner of my eye. Natasha was getting herself drunk. She didn't stop herself sipping those shots of Vodka. This is quite strange.
She's not alcoholic as far as I knew.
Suddenly she got up and went outside to puke probably and I followed her.
I offered her a glass of water.
she looked up and drank it. Then she surprised me by pulling me closer to her. She wrapped her hands around me and we slowly danced to the tune played at the party.

"How dare you danced with some other girl. You are only mine. I felt terrible when you were dancing with that Denise. How dare you touch her??".She whispered and scrunched her nose.
She's tipsy.

"You know what? I think, I've fallen in love with you and not from today but from the day when you stepped in the office and you made my heartbeat skip. That day you told me that I inspired you to write an article, I started like you more and the day when you came to my rescue, You became an angel to me, a savior.
That day when you praised my mom, I wanted to kiss you on your lips but instead I kissed your cheeks. Whenever you work with me, You always take my breath away.
I feel shy to even look into your eyes. I never had such kind of feelings for anyone else. Chris Wond, I really love you".She confessed being drunk.

And then she fell unconscious in my arms. I dropped her home after that. Once I was back home, I lied on the couch being deep in thoughts.
I never ever imagined that Natasha would love me in the same way as I used to love Jane. At least she was brave to confess, unlike me who kept that secret still hidden inside my heart. But what should I do now?
I kept thinking till I finally came up with a decision.

Please vote and comment.