Chapter Sixteen-Shocking Blow.

Natasha's Pov.

Eight months later.
Time waits for no man .That's rightly said since I never saw Chris after that until today.

I took Krishna for his monthly vaccinations to our family doctor.
There I saw him after freaking Eight months. But when I saw him, He totally reminded me his deeds and it blew away my doubts. I saw 'Jane' that blondie with my husband in the maternity section.
She was pregnant as her swollen belly indicated that.

Does this mean that my husband slept with her?
He is going to be a dad again to some other woman's baby.
All these thoughts hit me like a stone.
This blow reminded me of all the pain he had caused me.
It hurts more now then before. Marriage for me is all about trust and honesty but he broke all his vows.
In these many months, I tried to compose myself but the fact of him cheating on me was like troll on my life. I can never forgive him.

From the past few months, I'm working in a school nearby. Mom had left her job for me. I went instead to work at her place as this was the only way I could divert my mind while teaching students of junior class.

I didn't earn much like my mother but it gave me confidence. I had resigned from the Wings Magazine before Krishna's birth and I'm happy that I don't have to see him again there even if he continues to work there.
Dad has been sending money through speed post like always. Krishna has grown up.

He clearly resembles his Dad a lot. I avoid seeing him sometimes but being a mother, it's my love or duty to be with him especially when he has no father figure around him.
Mom always babysits him while I'm not present around him. That's the reason, Krishna loves mom a lot. He giggles whenever she scoops him in her arms.

A few months ago I also visited India to meet Tanya and her family, My Dad and my Grandparents too. They all welcomed me with great affection but behind my back, I eavesdropped on my Grandparent's conversations. They were gossiping about how shameful it is that their grand daughter's husband abandoned her with a baby.

My Dad encouraged me all the while just like Mom.
We bonded well. I really missed him all these years.
I never wanted my son to hate his dad, the way I hated my Dad who left my mother all alone when she needed him. I came back within two weeks and joined my mother's school again. She agreed to stay home with Shirley, helping her to babysit Krishna.
I grew confident, strong and had controlled my emotions in these many months but from what I saw today near the maternity section left me blank and numb as before.

He didn't even noticed me. I felt defeated and my hope of getting back to him was now lost.

I called Emily from the cell phone that I just got a month ago.
I didn't call her or write her in these many months. I know her office has a telephone so I called there.

She picked it up on a surprising tone.
"Hello, who is it?". She enquired.

"Hello, it's me...Natasha". I spoke after a interval.

"Natasha where have you been? We are trying to contact you both from months. I even visited your house that day but it was locked..." She yelled over the phone.

"Both! what do you mean...?" I asked.

"Of course you and Chris.. Morco is mad at him again as he had promised Morco that he would stay in touch with us but he broke his promise once again." She groaned.

"See, just tell me where are you? I'm coming this weekend to meet you ". She asked again.

I gave her the address and hung up the call. I wanted to talk to her, way back but I didn't had the courage to know the harsh truth but now I want to know everything.

Please vote and comment.