Chapter Nine-Flashback & First Meet.

I turned that note up and down, still thinking about Jane.
I sat down on my armchair, crossing my arms while my eyes are closed.

Why can't I find peace in my life?
Sometimes I do regret of not letting my wife know all this.

Tasha has always been with me after our marriage so should I tell her about my past life? about Jane? About the Sir Dominic's promise?
After all she must know this too.
Should I hand my diary to her?
I guess she'll understand. But this freaking idea kills me.
I must not bother her. It would another burden on her shoulder.
It's better to keep her in the dark and solve this issue by myself.
Though we have been through each other's thick and thin but it would be better if I sought out all of this on my own.

Sometimes I think about how much change I've inculcated. It's just because of my wife.

I smile as I recall the day when we met for the first time.

Flashback.

After I had returned from the Sunshine town, I tried to divert my mind into work and for few months, I even worked at a publication house but quitted the job as it didn't suit me.

I decided to look for a new job and I finally got a call for an interview which I luckily passed despite of having a very little experience in this line.

I entered my new office with some of the stuff.

"Hello Chris, welcome to 'Wings 'Children and Women Magazine'.
It's a pleasure to have you with us now. You're going to write articles on Women and Child's issues. Good luck". My Boss and the magazine editor Mr. Steven explained.

"Excuse me. Mr Steven, I have completed my sketches, if you can go through it once, can you?". A voice interrupted him from behind.

I turned around to look at a very young and pretty fair girl as she was standing with few papers in her hand.
Her short hair looked nicely combed and she was wearing black formals. Her big brown eyes furrowed as her gaze met mine.

"Chris! Meet Natasha Sinha, our very efficient employee and the head cartoonist of Wing's kids interest department". Mr. Steven introduced.

"Natasha! He is Chris Wond, our new writer on serious issues on women and children". He further added introducing me.

"Welcome to Wings, one of the best women and child magazine, I'll be looking forward to work with you". We shook our hands formally as her voice sounded strictly professional.

Once they left, I turned to my cubicle to keep my belongings in the drawer.
There was a small typewriter on the table with few blank papers scattered on the floor.

First I cleaned my table and started writing my first article about Independent Women.

Mr. Steven had clearly explained me about this week's issue and with my brain already filled with those memories, I couldn't concentrate to write for a while. I started looking around to think about few pointsand then I saw Natasha discussing something to a middle age woman.
She looked so confident in the way she instructed the lady. Without delaying further, I resumed my work.
I visualized Natasha while writing my article.
She's the best example of an independent woman.
I kept on writing till I finished my work before the deadline.

"Hey, I think you've completed writing. May I look at it once?". Natasha came to my Cubicle

I handed her those papers nervously.

She read it quietly, flipping the pages slowly.

"Quite impressive, Mr. Wond. First Article, Hmm... I must say you are a talented writer". She praised my work.

"You inspired me in writing this article". I said as those words slipped out of my mouth.

"Excuse me! What?".
She asked in a confusing tone.

"Yeah, you are a true example of an independent woman". I complimented

"Thank you. Mr. Wond, you may continue with your work". She uttered and left.

After the office hours ended, I saw her leaving.
She looked sad and gloomy.

I ran after her.

"I am sorry, I think you didn't like me, complimenting you". I apologized to her .

She lifted her brown eyes to look at me.
"No... it's not because of you, Actually I always wanted to set an example but I never could do that but today when you praised me, I felt really proud because now I think, I've achieved what I was lodging for". She winked smiling.

We talked more while I got into my car.
I offered her to give her a lift and she didn't mind either.

That day went quite smooth.

Please vote and comment.