Chapter Fifteen-Doubts and Diary.

Natasha's Pov.

I felt vulnerable.
There were hundreds of questions in my mind.
Why did he do that?.
If he really loved her then why did he marry me?

After two days of shutting myself in the room, I went out to the dining area for the breakfast.
My mom served me some cereals in my bowl.

"Why did he do that?". Those words came out of my mouth, all of a sudden.
"Tasha dear, why don't you confront all of these Questions to him? He is the only one who can clear your doubts". Mom interrupted my thoughts.

I left my breakfast midway and got back to my bedroom again.

"I'm nervous to face him.
After all whatever he did, how can I get back to him?". I kept talking to myself.

"You shouldn't be nervous, You didn't do anything wrong but if you don't go to hear him then that would be wrong, not only to you but to your son also". My mom entered with my half eaten bowl of cereals in her hands.
She handed me and left with a sympathetic smile.

I took out my Salwar Kurta (indian attire) from the closet.
And I dressed up.
Mom told me that she'll drive me to his house but won't come inside. I agreed eventually at least she was there with me. We left Krishna with Shirley (our full-time house keeper).
Mom dropped me outside his house which I believed was my house too.

I stepped out of the car. While my mom waited for me. I went inside the gate and knocked the door but no one opened it.
Tears pricked my eyes but when
I looked down, I found my keys still in the key hole. I had left my keys hanging yesterday. I unlocked the door using the key.
The house was in a total mess. I couldn't find anyone but a whole sort of crap everywhere. There were bits of papers everywhere. Books were thrown on the floor. It was totally disorientated.
Who all did this?

I saw Chris's old diary on the floor. It was his three year old diary which he had always hidden it from me and never even allowed me to touch it.

I picked it and kept it in my handbag.
I felt suffocated to stand there so I left and rushed to my mom's car.
Mom kept on inquiring and having no answer to this particular question, I told her that they both ran away.

"There's no one in there". She nodded.
She drove us back home.
I went inside my room and sobbed for hours. I had no clue what was happening.
I took out his Diary out and started reading it.
The diary was about his experience in Sunshine Town when he first visited his place. I started going through it. I read about his Mentor, Morco, Aunt Nersey, A man named Henry and finally about Jane, Probably the girl whom I saw him with yesterday.

I reminisced my past instance. I had seen her at the funeral in the Sunshine town.
She came towards us that day running but she had stepped back when she had spotted me, probably.
She was the grand daughter of that old lady who took us to her house after the funeral had concluded.
Chris had written that he was in love with her and how his mentor had been selfish for his son Henry.
I was left in a dilemma now.

I read further. Last pages of the book had mentioned me.
He wrote that I taught him the actual meaning of love and he was happy that I was in his life.
After finishing reading, I looked up and only one question came to my mind.

"Did he really loved me?".

Mom came inside with Krishna.
I had to feed him.
I saw his eyes.
He reminded me of the man who has left me in a big predicament.
I kissed my baby's forehead and started feeding him.

I had to wait for his return.
Only Chris could tell me, he's the only one who can clear my doubts till then I have to be strong. Not only for myself but for my son.

Please vote and comment.