Chapter Two-Funeral

After long hours of travelling.
We finally reached the town. This place hasn't changed much. It has the same old essence.

I was reviving the memories of my first meeting with Morco in the lane.
How he had accidentally bumped into me?

Tasha was asleep as she had rested her head on my shoulder.

I can see how tired she is.

Probably I should've stopped her from coming here. She doesn't know anything about this place but I can't leave her alone since she's expecting. I felt my hands being shaky and wet due to sweat.

"Natasha wake up, we have reached". I said waking her up.
she opened her eyes and yawned.
We got down from the bus once we halted at the stop.

She entangled her arms with mine.
"Isn't it some odd sort of place. But with you anywhere, it always seems beautiful". She yawned more while I pecked her forehead.

We kept on walking till we met Martha.

" Hey Chris, how are you? Are you heading towards the funeral. Zack told me that you'll be coming".

"Okay".

May be Lauren told him about my arrival.

"Oh, Is that your wife? She's very pretty, I must say". She complimented Tasha.

"Thank you". Tasha smiled at her and we headed towards the field which was next to the graveyard. All were gathered maintaining the silence. Aunt Nersey, Granny, Zack, Lauren and his sister, Emily, Morco, Jane and Henry were standing near sir's body.

Jane came forward as soon as she saw me. Tasha had gripped my hand tightly.
Jane stopped when she saw Natasha at my side. Next was Lauren behind her who hugged me briefly. Aunt Nersey and Granny smiled warmly at us. Zack smirked as usual and stepped forward as he too gave me an awkward hug which was the least expected. I exchanged pleasantries with the rest.

I wept hard when my eyes landed on the dreadful body of my mentor.

The priest continued the procession as they burried him down.
Sir's grave was next to his wife's grave. Tears rolled through everyone's eyes. He was loved by all. Granny placed few orchids on his grave. Jane kept weeping on Zack's shoulders. Henry stood still as if he was freezing. His eyes cold and dark.
I silently sobbed..

After a while, Granny took me and Tasha to her beach house once everything was done.
Tasha was a bit hesitant but she agreed finally.

"Your house is quite lovely. It has been beautifully decorated with flower". Tasha praised admiring her place.

"Yes, My grand daughter loves them so do I. Zack doesn't like it. Since his marriage, we have built a small house behind this one for him and his wife. I guess you both met Martha already, didn't you?".Granny enquired.

"Yes we did. she is quite adorable". Tasha said further.

Aunt Nersey entered with some pie in her hand. The aroma of it hadn't changed which made my stomach growl.

How embarrassing!

"Come dear, I'll show you the backyard and the sea shore". Granny said while Tasha hopped up to follow granny to the backyard. Aunt Nersey sat next to my couch on a chair.

"Does he still hates me. Aunt?". I inquired about Morco.

"No, He doesn't infact he loves you more than everyone else here dear. There are many of them who thinks that he has changed alot but I know, He's still the same as before. He cares for you and is angry because you never showed up since the day you left neither did you write to him?". She mumbled slowly.

"But do you really think he'll melt and forgive me?". I asked looking up at her.

"I know my son better than any one of you. He reads your letters before Lauren even if those are not meant to him. At night, he peeps through his window towards your old room hoping that you'll appwar 8n front of him. He is dying to talk to you, to hug you. Go Chris, meet him. Convince him and wash away his anger. I'll be here till your wife comes back". Aunt smiled while patting my back.

I confidently moved out to meet Morco. I hope I'll get my best friend back.

Please vote and comment.