5. Nichole - Daughter of Hawkeye

Why am I even with this group? I'm not even a kid with superpowers. I'm just average like Ethan said.

     When we get inside, we sit in a living room-like area in the ship. All of us sit on a round couch in the middle of a round coffee table. I'm sitting beside Ethan and Curtis. Of course, Ethan sits between A.J. and me like always- always by his sweet little crush.

     "Who knew ships would be so fancy?" A.J. questions.

     "Yeah... I mean I had no idea they'd be like humans." Nick agrees.

     "That makes two of us."

     "We're gonna die because of this." Curtis murmurs.

     "Would you shut up? Who knows! Maybe we'll get through this, even if these guys are Martians!" A.J. requests.

     "You could be the reason why we'll be returning home in body bags!" Curtis shouted.

     "Is everything a joke to you?" Bolt asks.

     "Yeah, because my life is."

     Ethan chuckles while I roll my eyes, and get up. I'm sick of A.J. and Ethan acting so cute together. It's annoying. It's clear he likes A.J. I don't know what to say about A.J. though, because she's a mystery.

     "What's wrong with you?" Nick questions.

     "Nothing! I'm totally fine!" I exclaim.

     "Are you mad about us 'flirting' again?" A.J. used the imaginary quotes.

     "No!"

     "Nikki, stop gripping, it's too obvious you're jealous that no one flirts with you." Ethan commands.

     Ah darn it! He knows me too well. "I'm not jealous!"

     "I don't know... From your tone, it sounds like you are a-" Curtis pointed to Brittany

     "Drama queen." Brittany singsongs.

     "I must agree." Bolt chuckles.

     "Nikki, calm down. Now is not the time to act like those stupid blondes in the Young and Restless show. Besides, there's too much to worry about besides you getting mad. We both know that." A.J. says.

     She's right. I hate it when I'm wrong, but I have no choice but to agree.

     "Okay, you're right." I sigh.

     "Besides, if Ethan and I were caught dating by our parents, they'd probably handle us like they did Loki! So... Chill!"

     The human returns, with a woman with green skin. Seeing her like that kind of scares me, since I've never seen anything like that before. I widen my eyes.

     "Hey, kids." He greets.

     "We're teenagers." I correct.

     "Well, most of you are kids, anyway... Right?"

     "Yeah, you can say that." Brittany answers.

     "We are under the age of 13." Curtis adds, placing his arms around Brittany and Bolt.

     The man just ignores that.

     "Okay... So. We're here to introduce ourselves and to make things clear! I'll go first. I'm Starlord- but everyone around here calls me Quill, since that's my last name." He says.

     "I'm Gamora, a warrior from Xander. It is an honor to work with you all." The girl introduces.

     "Xander? Is that in Mars or Pluto?" Curtis asks.

     "No, Pluto doesn't exist." Bot answers.

     "See? It's going nice isn't it! Okay... Your turn!" He exclaims.

     I'm close to introducing myself, but Ethan cuts me off.

     "A.J., want to do the honors of introducing us?" He asks.

     She shrugs while I cross my arms and roll my eyes again.

    "Yep! No problem!" She exclaims, getting up. "Don't mind the metal suit, it's just my sweat suit. Okay... I'm A.J.- the girl that runs around in this awesome chunk of metal." She points to everyone as she introduces them. "That guy who was the green monster is Nick, our body-guard who has anger issues. So, if you tick him off, you might lose your life. The girl with the red hair is Brittany, a fighting kid for her age! Next, is red, white, right, and blue, Curtis- the son of Captain America- America being the land you're on. The boy with the best blonde hair ever is Bolt, the son of Thor- and he really wants to follow in his dad's footsteps! And there is a future actress in Hollywood, Nikki."

     "I don't want to be an actress." I mumble.

     "You don't? Oh... Okay. Looks like that spot for the Young and Restless won't be filled... Anyway, beside her is her older brother, Ethan- one of the best kids at archery!" She turns to Starlord. "And that is everyone. We'll tell you the details of earth and America later... Okay?"

     Starlord nodded.

     "Okay! So... We need your help to take out a guy named Drivas!" He exclaims.

     Whoa... They're after him too? "Wait... You're planning to kill him, too?" I ask, shocked their after him, too.

     "You know him?" Gamora questions.

     "Hell yes we do! He almost killed us five years ago!" Ethan yells.

     "Whoa... And they said I was bad with a temper?" Nick asks.

     "It's okay, Nick. Just relax, please." A.J. answers.

     "What did he do to make you go after him?" Curtis questions.

     "He killed 100 people in our city in just one day." Gamora answers.

     "Whoa! That many people?" Brittany asks.

     "He sounds like my uncle, Loki." Bolt adds.

     "No, Bolt! Don't mention Loki! We don't need to deal with another jerk!" A.J. exclaims.

     "I am Groot..." A low voice says, entering the room.

     A giant-tree like guy comes behind Starlord.

     "Groot! What's wrong?" He asks.

     "Whoa... What's that?" I question.

     "He's supposed to be a plant monster." Gamora answers.

     "So, he's an evergreen that got cut down and sent to this planet?" A.J. asks.

     "What's an evergreen?"

     "It's a tree."

     We hear an explosion.

     "Quill! We got bad news!" the raccoon's voice yells.

     "Oh crap!" Starlord exclaims, rushing to him.

     "What's wrong?" Brittany asks.

     "Rocket caught something." Gamora explains.

     "Rocket? That's the name of the raccoon? Man, he really was on a lot of cocaine then." Curtis questions.

     "I am Groot?" The plant-thing asks.

     "Didn't he say that already?" A.J. questions.

     "He says that a lot." Gamora answers.

     "I am Groot."

     "Nice to meet you, Groot! I'm A.J." A.J. points to us. "That's my friends, Ethan, Nikki, and-"

     The ship spins around and we all scream, rolling around.