13. A.J. - Daughter of Iron Man

I'm trying to get to save ground, trying to protect myself, and trying to keep Ethan safe. Wow! I'm a multitasker, huh? But, something hits me from behind- like a ball of fire. It causes me to crash on the ground with Ethan. I turn around so much, I land on my back- with Ethan on top of me. Ethan wakes up, yawning. He blushes and stares at me with raised eyebrows. I smile, seeing this.

"Whoa... What just happened?" He asks.

"Awkwardness."

He gets off of me, later helping me up. When I'm standing, he holds my metal hand so tightly, and stares directly at me- like he likes me.

"Uh- are you okay?" I ask.

Ethan shakes his head, releasing my hand.

"Um... Yeah- I'm fine!" He assures.

"You sure? You looked- lost."

"Yeah. I'm sure."

I see a ball of fire coming behind Ethan.

"LOOK OUT!" I shout.

He turns his head, while I dash toward him, picking him up and flying away from that ball.

"A.J... This feels awkward." He says, wrapping his arms around my back.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because- I pictured me doing this to a girl."

"Ohh-kay? What's behind?"

Ethan screams like a girl. Okay. That was hilarious. I try not to laugh, but I just let out a giggle.

"More fireballs?" I ask.

"YES! YES! THERE'S PLENTY OF THEM!"

I hear rockets sounding off. I know it's my Dad, because the feet of his shoes have built in rockets; like mine.

"You need to calm down!" Dad commands.

"Hey Dad!" I exclaim.

I turn around, seeing Drivas levitating off of the ground. He's holding out his hands, releasing all of those fireballs as he stands on a grey cloud. I get on the ground, while I see Dad trying to destroy the fireballs with his built-in weapons.

"Ethan," I begin.

"Yeah?"

"I've got to let you go."

"No! Please!"

I release him, coming for Drivas as I dodge the fireballs. But Dad gets in front of me.

"No!" Dad shouts, holding out his hand.

"Dad! Get out of my way!"

"Avril, you're not ready!"

"Dad! Please!"

"Guys, look out!" Ethan shouts, interrupting us.

I turn my back, seeing Starlord's ship back.

"Out of the way!" Starlord shouts.

Dad and I fly out of the way. The ship has a giant cannon pointing out of the front. But Drivas disappears. The ship stops in place, and I hear Starlord screaming.

"No! NO! We were so close!" He yelled.

I see Ethan shaking in his head in disapproval. I didn't know what to do next.