8. A.J. - Daughter of Iron Man

It's been a while since this snake has been chasing me. We're almost done with it, but it feels like it won't tire out. I try going into a zig-zag pattern, but the thing won't leave me alone. As I do this, I stare back at it, and next thing I know, I turn back and I see a building I'm going to crash into.

I scream, trying to stop, but the snake's head. I go through the glass window of the building, and roll on the floor of it. The snake's heas lands on the glass, but it slides off, falling on the ground. I catch my breath, and try getting up. I feel so tired.

"Don't move." Someone commands.

I turn my back, seeing it's a man pointing an arrow at me. He looks like an older version of Ethan. Oh crap. It's Hawkeye. My dad gets behind him.

"Who the hell are you? And why are you wearing one of my suits?" He questions.

Are you kidding? He didn't notice it's me? "Really? You didn't notice?"

"What?"
Before I can answer, Drivas appears in a cloud of smoke.

"You're meeting once again." He moans.

"What?" Dad asks, raising an eyebrow. "What are you talking about?"

Drivas changes into Magneto, and pulls me close to him. I can't control my suit, since he has full control over it. I levitate off the ground, feeling someone choking me.

"Stop... Please..." I beg.

"This has to be done." He says in Magneto's voice.

An arrow goes through his arm. Dad turns to Hawkeye.

"You shot him?" Dad asks.

"No!" He answers.

"Step away from the girl, Drivas." Ethan commands, coming from the broken window, pointing his arrow at him.

"Okay! What's going on?" Hawkeye questions.

Ethan makes another arrow go through him in the chest. He just looks down at it and smiles oddly, later disappearing into ashes, releasing me. I fall on the ground, catching my breath. Ethan helps me up.

"Are you okay?" He questions.

"I'm fine." I answer, with my mask off.

I lean on him for support, while Dad and Hawkeye stare at us confused.

"Who are you? What's going on?" Dad asks.

"We're your kids." I answer, after catching my breath.

Hawkeye squints.

"What? Don't screw with us, kid!" Hawkeye shouted.

"We aren't, Dad. We ran away from Drivas five years ago, and hid to keep ourselves safe."

Hawkeye and Dad fix their eyes on us speechless. I look at Ethan, who just looks back at them seriously.

"Ethan?" Hawkeye asks.

"Avril?" Dad questions.

"Ta-da!" I exclaim.

They immediately hug us, totally relieved we were still alive.

"Thank God... Thank God..." They keep on saying.

It honestly feels odd to reunite with Dad, since I've never been hugged so tight like this before.

Later on, we return to Starlord's ship. Dad called the other Avengers to come and meet them. Pretty much, we were all reuniting with our parents, while Starlord and his crew argued- like usual. After I introduced Dad to Starlord and his crew, we talk outside.

"A.J., where have you been during the past five years?" He asked, standing beside me with his arms crossed.

"Hiding, providing for 6 other people. I stared changing Brittany's dippers a lot, making baby formula- like a mom, and I took care of Curtis and Bolt like a mom, while Nick, Ethan, and Nikki, did things that needed to be done." I answer.

"Like what?"

"Cleaning, buying groceries- Cinderella stuff. What about you? What've you been doing?"

"I've been trying to find you. I just never did because you always had my suit on all of the time."
Whoa... He already accuses me of stealing one of his suits and we just got back together again!

"Now wait a minute! I built one, because you taught me how to do it!" I correct.

"Did I?" He asks.

"Yeah, before you divorced mom and left me with her while she had alcohol problems."

He looks at me baffled.

"Avril, what are you talking about?"
"She drank a lot when you were gone. It got so bad she got into a car accident and died."

I was only 5 when she died. My parents divorced when I was 2. I was so close to her. She'd always put my hair up in braids, and would teach me how to cook and clean. But when she got on alcohol, I would hide in my room or go outside till she would pass out drunk.

Remembering when she died made me cry. I look down, crying.

"Then I was taken into a foster home. And you never came." I sobbed.