15. A.J. - Daughter of Iron Man

I lean against the door after I close it. I can't believe Ethan loves me. Well, I do in some ways. It's just that I never thought he would admit it. I smile, with joy exploding inside of me.

     "What's wrong with you?" Captain America asks, passing by me.

     I look up.

     "I think I'm in love." I answer.

     He chuckles, leaning on the wall by the door.

     "Oh yeah? With Ethan Barton?" He asks, crossing his arms.

     "Yeah. He likes me."

     "Hmm... I don't know. Hawkeye and Stark don't get a long very well."

     "Really?"

     "Mm... Hmm..." Captain America hums and nods.

     I'm surprised Dad and Hawkeye aren't really close. I thought they would be pretty close, after working together for a while.

     "Why? What do they do?" I question.

     "Argue. Fight. Sometimes I feel like one of them are going to be beaten to death by the other."

     "Really, Captain?"

     "Yeah. But don't worry about it for now. Now's not the time for that. You should get some sleep, A.J."

     I shake my head, even though what he just told me sounds impossible to get over.

     "Okay. Goodnight, Captain." I say.

     The next morning, Dad wakes me up. He leaps on my bed, shaking me.

     "Hey! Wake up! I need you! I need you my little test monkey!" He exclaims.

     I moan, waking up.

     "Okay... What do you need me for?" I ask.

     "Well, Jarvis just got news that Drivas is in the city- and he's looking for you and the others."

     "K, then let me go."

     "No. We need something better."

     He opens a closet by my bed, which reveals a sparkly dark purple dress with one sleeve, and a short dress. There's black high heels on the ground with a black pantyhose stuffed in one of the shoes.

     "Dad. Are you trying to get me to dress as a stripper?" I ask.

     "No! Why would I do that? This is to see if he can spot you. You got a party to go to."

     I roll my eyes. I feel like this is a horrible idea.