14. Ethan - Son of Hawkeye

We returned to the old house. Everyone was out okay. Brittany rushed to A.J., hugging her, while Nichole and Dad hugged me.

"I'm so glad you're okay, Ethan." Dad says.

"Yeah... Me too."

Starlord's ship landed behind us, while the rest of my friends, and the other Avengers came to us.

"Everyone okay?" Dad asks.

"Yeah." A.J. answers.

"Is Drivas dead?" Captain America questions.

"No." Starlord answers, exiting the ship with his team.

Curtis rolled his eyes, while Bolt shook his head.

"You had to let him go?" Curtis asks.

"Curtis..." Captain America says.

"So, now what? What do we do? Even when Drivas is still alive?" Black Widow questions.

"Take cover and be prepared. Drivas will attack at any time- any place." Nick answers, returning to his human form.

"So, where do we take cover?" Dr. Banner asks, back in his human form before Nick was.

"I don't know. Somewhere where he knows he couldn't find us, I guess."

"Drivas has been tracking us down for five years. He may know much more about us than we know about each other." Bolt corrects.

"Well, I guess we can only be prepared. So let's do it." A.J. says.

Of all places, we took a hotel room. I don't know why, because Captain America complained a lot about hotels. It's late, and all I've been doing is talking to Starlord in his ship. I'm fascinated with Starlord and his team. They're really awesome to be from outer space.

"I can't stand that grey weirdo." He says, as we walk through his room in the ship.

"Me too. How long have you dealt with him?"

"A year. Ever since we defeated Ronan."

"Ronan?"

"It's a long story."

"I bet your entire team is a long story."

"Yeah. And I bet you and the chemistry with that A.J. girl is a long story, too. Huh?"

Starlord just won't leave me alone with my business with A.J. I think he likes her.

"You like A.J. don't you?" I ask.

"Of course not! I just admire her because she's so cool!"

I shake my head. He's a bad liar.

It's almost 10:30. Even though my bedtime is usually 11:30, or 12, I'm so sleepy. A.J. and I have been talking in the hotel room Nikki and I had. Nikki's been sleeping in the other room since 10, and Dad is off at the gym. We've been in this hotel after getting kicked to the side by Drivas. Thank God A.J.'s dad- and pretty much all of our parents are millionaires; because we're able to get in this hotel.

"I'm scared for what's gonna happen next." She says, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Why?" I ask, lying down.

"Because- we're teaming with our parents. And we haven't seen them in five years."

"A.J., it's not gonna be that bad."

She lies on the other side of the bed, yawning.

"That's the beginning to every bad thing that happens."

I laugh.

"You know, a lot people think you're my girlfriend?" I ask.

She turns to me.

"Really?"

"Yep. Because Starlord thought we were a couple."

"If we were a couple, your dad would shoot an arrow through my head."

"Well, that's better than your dad wanting to blow me up."

She giggles. I wrap an arm around her.

"Who knows... Maybe we'll be dating?" I ask.

"Yeah... What did Starlord say while I check

"I would stay longer, but I have to get to Brittany." She says.

"I understand... Besides, Brittany loves you a lot."

"She loves you, too."

Surprisingly, she comes close to me and kisses me goodbye. I blush and smirk getting it. She stares at me and smiles.

"You liked it, I guess?" She asks raising an eyebrow.

"Of course I did!" I exclaim.

A.J. tilts her head and giggles.

"Bye Ethan." She says.

"Bye." I say.

She turns to the door to exit, but I say something to her before she leaves.

"I love you." I say.

A.J. looks at me with raised eyebrows. She blushes, later chuckling. I do. I love A.J. so much- much more than she'll ever know. A.J. just seems so great. She nods.

"Love you too. And Nikki, and the others." She giggles.