24. Ethan - Hawkeye

Why did I jump out? Geez, I'm so stupid. The arrow didn't work, and I'm falling to my death. I can see Saga staring down at me with a smile, while Drivas stands behind her like a bodyguard.

     "ETHAN!" Dad screams.

     Curtis, Captain America, Dad, Brittany, and Black Widow stare at me in horror.

     "Thor! Bolt! Hurry!" Dad shouts.

     "You have to! Ethan's falling!" Brittany pleads.

     They aren't going to make it. They're too far. And Nick and Dr. Banner are nowhere to be found. And Mr. Stark hates me. I'm so unlucky! I'm creaming at the top of my lungs. I'm going to die. Just like A.J. But I feel someone catch me by the leg. I'm upside down, and I feel like I'm gonna vomit. I almost lose my quiver, but I grab it, holding it upwards. Now all I can see is the city upsidedown.

     "HELP! I NEED TO GET BACK INTO A NORMAL POSITION HERE!" I scream.

     "Hey! Relax!" A.J. yells.

     I look up, seeing A.J. flying around in her suit. I'm shocked she's alive. Whoa! What the hell?

     "You're alive?!" I ask.

     "Yeah! Why wouldn't I?" She answers.

     "I thought you were dead?"

     "No! Why would you think that?"

     "But- you..."

     "I know... I know... I just wanted to see how dad would react if I died."

     "So- YOU FAKED IT?!?!"

     I can't believe A.J. did that! How could she scare the crap out of us like that?!

     "Yeah! Why not?" A.J. asks.

     I shake my head and roll my eyes, but I stop once I hear the sound of shrieks close by us. I look around, seeing its Drivas's smoke monsters in the form of pterodactyls.

     "Oh great..." A.J. sighs.

     "A.J., you can't fight back." Jarvis assures.

     "Jarvis is with you?" I ask.

     "How do you even know Jarvis?"

     "Dr. Banner introduced me to him a long time ago."

     "Hmm... Who knew a green monster could know so much about technology?"

     "A.J.! The monsters!"

     "Okay, okay! Ethan! You have to handle this one!"

     "We'll help you out!" Starlord assures in a microphone, flying his ship below us.

     "Okay! Let the party begin!" I exclaim, pulling out my bow and arrows.

     "I'll fly you around! You do the shooting!" A.J. commands.

     "Got it! Besides, if I could do this upright, I can do it upside, down!"

     A.J. and the ship fly around the pterodactyls and the skyscrapers in the city.

     "Give 'im your arrows, Ethan!" Rocket Raccoon yells in his microphone.

     I follow his order, striking one pterodactyl with one arrow in the wing. It falls down, screaming.

     "Boo-ya!" Rocket Raccoon exclaims.

     "A.J.! You have to let me go! I need to get in that ship with Starlord!" I yell, not able to pull out another arrow.

     "Sure thing!" A.J. replies.

     A.J. flies over Starlord's ship, and the top of it opens, and she drops me in it. Thankfully, Drax caught me. I'm close to saying "thank you", but I see another pterodactyl coming. I shoot it with an arrow quickly as possible in the chest, and it falls out of the sky.

     "Thanks." I say, turning to Drax.

     "You're welcome." He replies.

     "Ethan!" Starlord calls.

     "Yeah?" I ask.

     "You're girlfriend's awesome!"

     "You're so lucky!" Rocket exclaims.

     "I wish... She isn't my girlfriend." I sigh.

     "Yes! I can take her!"

     "No! Neither of us can! She wouldn't date a raccoon! That's just weird!" Starlord exclaims.