21

We wait for the corners people to take the body.  By now the suns up and neighbors are out. Shaking their heads some crying others waving to Anita saying their sorry. 
I stand there emotionless. I don't feel a damn thing anymore. I don't think I can let out any more tears.
We finally get back in the house and Anita sits back down on the couch motionless. 
" I called Tiffany. She said she's on her way down now. " he says to Anita. She just looks straight ahead.
He looks at me and I just put my head down. I go upstairs to Stoneys room.  I knock but I don't hear anything. I open the door and she's knocked out snoring fully clothed.
I turn on her light and walk to her bed shaking her awake. 
* Stoney's pov *
I feel someone's hands on my legs shaking me I kick their hands away. Them  shaking me is making me feel like I have to throw up. I turn over.
" yo get up shorty I got something to tell you. " I sit up thinking its Juwan that's he's gonna apologize for slapping me.
I sit up but my eyes won't open.
" Gimmie minute. " I say groggy after a few minutes of wiping my eyes and yawning my eyes open and I see its big tone. My eyes widen.
I know it's bad but I automatically think of how bad I look , I had the biggest crush on him when I was younger. 
" what are you doing here ?" I say trying to fix my hair.
I stand up but quickly fall back down my head is pounding. I hold onto it.
" hangover ?" He says chuckling. I nod slowly. 
I let go of my head and my vision clears fully.
" why are you covered in blood what the fuck?" I say backing away from him.
" Juwan died early this morning stones. He got shot. The corners already took his body. Yo moms is a mess man. " he says putting his head down.
I don't feel anything. I know I should be breaking down crying but I don't feel anything.
" what happened ?"
His face changes from remorse to anger.
" Them NWA niggas.  We had a shoot out. "
Oh my god. Eric.
" I - is. - was he the only one that got shot ?"  He looks at me in disgust. He heads towards the door shaking his head.
" nah. E ain't get shot. I know that's  your only concern."
He leaves my room slamming the door.  I let out a sigh. The noise making my head pound even more. I smell like straight alcohol and my neck is swollen.
I get up and take a pill for my headache and make my way out my room. I change my clothes into sweat pants and a tank top.
I walk down the stairs poking my head in the living room. 
" where's tone ?"
" upstairs changing and showering. " James says.  I nod walking in the living room fully. 
" how are you feeling ?" James asks. I don't answer. I just look at him then look away. I look at my mom and she looks so lifeless. Her eyes blood shot red with no emotion in them whatsoever.
" mom ..." She's staring at the picture of Juwan on the wall. She has portraits of me and him plastered all over the wall. She won't take her eyes off the picture.
" Mom...." I say louder.

Then the front door busts open. Making me and James jump but Anita staying in the same position. We walk over and I see Tiffany. What's she doing here ?
Tone comes down and she runs to him hugging him.
" I'm so sorry for your loss. "
" I'm sorry for yours man. You were the real love of his life. " I stare at them hugging. She looks at me with her watery eyes and hugs me. Tight. I don't hug back. She looks at me.
" are you okay ?" I nod my head. 
" where's -" tone and James point to the living room and she rushes over. We all follow her. 
" She probably won't say anything to you. " I say
She crouches down so they're face to face.
" I'm so sorry momma. " my mom takes her eyes off of Juwans pictures and looks at Tiffany. She starts sobbing and grabs her hugging her tight.
" how did you get there so fast?" Tone asks walking over after they're done with their hug.

" I took a plan. From Vegas to Cali it's not long. " she says wiping her nose. 

James sits down and hugs Anita.  I look over at tone and Tiffany. And Tiffany mouths what happened ?
He gives her a head motion and they go into another room.
I slip on sandals and walk out the house. Walking down the street I get a lot of honks and stops saying they're sorry for my loss. 

I see Alicia across the street. She looks at me and darts across almost getting hit. She just  stands in front of me.
" wanna go somewhere and talk?" I nod my head. We walk to the park it's mostly empty because the kids are at school. 
We sit down and she looks at me again.
"You look like shit. "
" yeah look whose talking. " I say giving a light laugh.
" I'm sorry for your loss stones. I -"
" oh god not you too " I say rolling my eyes getting up. Her face changes and she looks at me with her head to the side.
" that's your brother .... "
" I know Alicia. I know. He's killed so many - he's put so many mothers through what my moms going through. He's robbed. Beaten and just. You live by the sword you die by it. Me and him were never close. He's always hated me and the same. It's just what it is.  "
She just looks at me nodding.
" it's funny. Everyone is apologizing saying how good of a person he was ... But when he was alive everyone hated him. " I say laughing. Alicia laughs
" yeah that's life for ya.... I hear E and them did it. "
She says looking up at me squinting.
" I don't think E would've done that shit. "
She stands up smacking her lips.
" what?"
" just cause you in love with him don't mean he ain't the same motherfucka from the streets. Cause he is. " she starts walking away rolling her eyes.  I follow her.
" what's that suppose to mean?"
" just how it sounds Stoney. Listen keep your head up girl I gotta go. " she says running to a black escalade that's parked across the street.
I walk back over to the park and sit down on the swing.

* Tiffanys pov *.
" so NWA and them did it ?" He nods his heads. Me and him are in the kitchen drinking 40s.
I shake my head and I think of cube.
" you know which one ?"
" nah. I wanna kill em all honestly. " I shrug my shoulders.
" don't tell me you run with them like Stoney do?" He says standing up straight
" nah. Hell nah. Whatever you thinking count me in. " a smile comes across his face and he nods.
I was feeling cube but my loyalty will stay with Juwan. Always.  We hear the door close and we look and it's Stoney.
He smacks his lips and I take another sip out the bottle putting it down. I grab her walking upstairs going in her room. She sits down on the bed and looks at me with her arms folded.
" you look horrible. "
She smiles
" yeah i haven't showered yet. " she has smeered  makeup and hickeys everywhere.
" how you feeling ?" I ask her folding my arms leaning against the door.
She shrugs clapping her hands together.
" everyone saying Eric did it. " I say in a nonchalant tone.
She rolls her eyes.  Laying down sighing.
I just wanna punch her in the face honestly. 
" listen. You better tell your boo something. Tone plotting and I'd hate to see you heartbroken. " she turns her head quick and I leave the room.

* Stoney's pov *.
I sit up and put my phone back together as soon as I plug it in it starts ringing.
I pick it up quick
" yeah?"
" I've been trying to get in contact with you for hours. "
Eric
" I bet. "
" Stoney I -"
" Juwans dead. " I say cutting him off and the phone goes silent. After awhile I hear a long sigh.
" man. "
" I need to know what happened. I -"
" I'll come pick you up soon. Be ready. "
" They're gonna kill you if they see your mint car. " I say in a worried tone.
" I have more than one car. Be ready in an hour. " he hangs up. This time I'm not excited. My heart isn't doing flips and I don't have butterflies in my tummy. 
I'm kinda dreading having to see him. Just in case he did do it.
I get up running hot water getting undressed.