23

Few weeks later.
Me and my mom are coming back from the funeral. We pull up to the house. The funeral was a mess really everyone was crying and yelling.
We walk into the house , me Tiffany tone and James & Anita.
Everyone's standing around talking about how beautiful everything was. Me and my mom are staring at each other.
" Everyone out. " my mom says. I continue staring at her.
" what?" They all say
" out. Everyone go home. I wanna be alone with my daughter. " they all stare at me and I shrug. They look confused but do as they're told. Including James they all leave. He goes to kiss her and my mom turns away.
He lets out a sigh and I smirk. He walks pass and leaves too. I shut the door and locks it.
She lets out a huge sigh and takes off her heels and puts down her purse.
I take my flats off and take down my hair.
" how you feeling ma ?"
" relieved. " she says smiling. I'm glad the funerals out of the way. So she can start to heal.
I smile at her and start walking up the stairs and she follows me.
I take my dress off & stockings sitting down. I let out a sigh bored out of my mind.
I unblocked all the numbers from my phone waiting for someone to call. Eric. Someone.
I get up and walk to moms room. She has a suitcase on the bed and packing up all of James's clothes. A huge smile comes across my face.
" mom ... What are you doing?" She looks at me and smiles.
" I just. I'm tired of him. Life's too short to be unhappy with someone. " she says smiling packing up all his shit. I help going to her closet and throwing all his shoes in the suitcase. We close the suitcases laughing.
We push them off her bed.
" you going out tonight ?" She says looking at me.
" I don't know. Probably not. "
" anything from E?" I shake my head.
" he said he's gonna be busy. " she nods her head.
My phone rings and I get up running the room almost falling as I do. I hear Anita laugh for the first time in weeks.
I pick up the phone
" hello?"
" wassup girl Whatchu doing tonight ?"
Alicia.
" shit nothing. "
" you up for going out with me ? Get your mind off shit ?"
" uh yeah. "
" wait unless you wanna be home with your moms and shit. " she says in a concerned tone.
" nah nah she's cool. "
" iight. I'll honk when I'm outside. "
I hang up and go back to moms room.
" Eric ?"
" Alicia. " her face turns and I laugh
" I know. But she wants me to go out with her tonight. "
" ew why?"
I shrug laughing.
" well be careful. I guess. "
" do you want me to stay ? Because I will ... You know -"
" no go. I'll be fine. Moping around isn't gonna do anything for anyone. Go have fun. I'll finish packing. " she says winking. I laugh going in my room. My hair was wet when I put it up in a ponytail this morning. So it's curly wavy right now. So I leave it as is.
I put on high waist powder blue jeans and a half cut black long sleeve that shows my tummy a little bit. I put on sandals that wrap around my ankle and hoop earrings.
I spray a little bit of perfume but not too much because I don't know what we're doing tonight.
I walk back into my moms room and she's still packing his stuff in her bra and panties.
" ya know mom for an old woman you have a banging body ". She stands up twirlin. And flipping her hair
" I know right. " she winks.
" you look nice. "
" thank ya thank ya. "
" where you going ?"
" I have no idea honestly. I'll try to call you when I find out. " she nods. I hear a honk outside and I hug her before walking downstairs.
" be careful. "
" I will. Love you mom. "
" love you too. " I walk out and close the door locking it with my key.
She pulls up in the tinted black escalade I seen a few weeks earlier. She rolls down the back window and tells me to get in.
I open the door hesitating a little bit and I get in. As soon as the door shuts the car speeds off.
In front is two guys. One is sorta light skin. With a beard and a cigar in his mouth.
The other is a skinny dark skin with braids going back.
I give Alicia a look. The what the fuck is going on look.
She gives me the just relax look.
We pull up this house and music is playing. The black dude gets out first then Alicia. I try to get out when she does and the mysterious man speaks.
" Nah stay in here with me for a minute lil mama. " I look at Alicia.
" I said her not you. You can go. " Alicia jumps out the car. Quickest ive ever seen her move actually. He puffs his cigar. The window is rolled up so the smoke fills the car.
" get up here with me. " I stare at him through the mirror.
" I'm not gon hurt you. Climb up here. "
I look around for a minute, inhale deeply and climb over the seat quickly and sit down. Fixing my shirt and jeans. I turn to him waiting.
" I been seeing you around a lot lately. " he puffs his cigar and exhales it.
He dressed in a red button up and black slacks.
He's kind of handsome. In a scary way.
" Yeah?" I finally reply back.
" yeah. I'm sorry to hear about your brother. "
I nod my head.
" thanks. "
The whole block knows about it. He must live close.
" I know them niggas who did it you know. I'm coo with Dre. "
" I know them too. "
" yeah?"
" yeah. "
He laughs.
" well damn. " I give a little chuckle and stare at him.
" So what do you want?"
" I want you to work with me. "
" work with you? Where ? Doing what?"
" you know what Alicia do ? "
" nah. "
" well she's one of my hoes. She was making a lot of paper for me before the scar. " he inhales his cigar.
What the fuck
" I'm not a fucking hoe. Nor will I ever be. You got me fucked up!" I say opening the door he reaches over slamming the car door back.
"I ain't say that. Your brother used to work for me also. I want you to take his place. "
" listen ion think I can sell drugs and shit -"
" someone gotta help pay your mamas bills. Am I right ?"
He does have a point.
" You're right. "
I've seen him do it time and time again. Weighing it and dishing it out to people.
" but that's not all ..."
" what else ?"
" I want you ro rock with me. You a fine little thing. I want you on my team fasho. " he says making an "O" with the smoke. I can't help but laugh.

" you don't even know me. "
" I know enough. " I look at him biting my lip trying to hold in my laugh.
" what's your name ?" I ask
" Suge. Suge knight. "
" well Suge. You have yourself a deal on the selling but being yours ? We'll have to see. " I smirk and he smirks back at me.

*anitas pov *.
I'm feelin better than before. I hear the door bell ring and I grab my silk robe walking down stairs.
" cominnnnng " I say skipping down the stairs I open the door and it's James. I roll my eyes moving back closing my robe fully. He walks in
" no need to cover up for me. " he says with a smirk. I back up even more.
" what is it ?"
" just wanted to check on you. " he says letting out a sigh.
" that's what phones are for. I'm fine. "
He goes to say something else.
" listen I have a lot to do tonight. I wanna be alone. I'll call you when I can. " I say pushing him out the door as quick as I can. I slam and lock the door. I would've gave him his shit if he was fully packed. I roll my eyes , I hear Stoney's phone ring and I run up the stairs answering it.
" Hello?"
" wassup baby?"
I look at the phone then put it back to my ear.
" This is Stoney's mother. "
" oh shit my bad Anita. It's Eric " he says chuckling.
" hi Eric. "
" how you doing ?"
" better. "
" that's good. Is Stoney there or ?"
" she's not actually. "
" Oh? Where is she ?" He sounds offended.
" with Alicia. A party maybe. " he inhales.
" thank you. "
" mhm I'll let her know you called though. " he hangs up after I say that.
Rude.