24

* Stoney's pov *.
We're sitting in the car. He's staring at me and I'm staring at him. He's trying to hide is smirk.

" we gon stay in the car all night or what?"
" well damn. Come on then little mama." He says getting out the car. He rushes over to my side and opens the door for me. He holds out his hand and I grab him stepping out of the car.
" what a gentleman. " I say laughing. He smiles and we walk inside. Everyone says hi to him. Literally everyone. I don't know if it's because they know him or they fear him. He's at least 6'3.
He sits down and I sit down next to him looking around.
" you want a drink?" He yells over the music. I shake my head no. I'm cool off drinking for a minute.
They're blunts laid out on the table. I pick one up and he lights his lighter as soon as I do. I lean in and the blunt lights up and I inhale.
I'm looking around my surroundings. Everything looks different. Even the girls look different. They're made up. Make up. Expensive looking clothes.
I look over and see this man staring at Suge.
I tap him and he looks at me.
" he's staring at you. " I whisper in his ear. He looks over at him and smirks.
" this is your first customer. " he says pulling out a Baggie full of white powder. He hands it to me and I put my blunt down.
" here. Go. " I look at him nervously and he shoo's me away with his large hand. I get up and walk over to the guy. He has huge eyes and he's blinking fast.
" hey hey how you doing ?" He says quickly.
" hi -"
" you got that ? You got that from Suge ?"
" uh ... Yeah. " he pulls out a thick set of cash and hands it to me. I hand him the bag and he walks away without saying another word.
I walk back over to Suge and sit down. I look around paranoid but then I quickly realize everyone in the room is doing some type of drug. Whether it's needles or powder.
" That wasn't so hard was it?" He says putting his around me.
" no I guess not. " I give him the money and he laughs. He takes a 100 dollar bill out of it and gives it back to me.
" that's all you baby. " he says smoking on my blunt I gave him.
My eyes get big.
" really ?!"
" yeah you made the sale. "
I smile at him.
" thank you. " I lean in and kiss him on the cheek. His beard feels weird up against my lips. He gives me a side smile.
Hours go by and we talk about him and how he played football in college and how he met my brother at a McDonald's. How much he hated Eric.
I didn't mention to him that I loved him with everything in me. I just sat there silently nodding.
" You don't say much do you?"
" nope. I like to listen more than anything. "
He nods. Sitting next to Suge made me realize how much power he had. Everyone moved when he said move. The girls jumped at his every command. It excites me.

I stand up walking away and he grabs my arm tight making me flinch.
"Where you going ?"
" getting something to drink. "
" you tell me before you leave iight? "
I laugh nodding my head. This nigga gotta be drunk.
I get to the kitchen and grab me a cola. I walk around for a minute drinking it. Saying hi to people. I go into the downstairs bathroom and I see Alicia. Snorting cocaine off the bathroom counter.

" girl what the fuck ?" I shut the door quickly. She looks at me eyes red wiping her nose repeatedly.
" oh hey girl hey where you been?"
" around. What - I didn't know you dis drugs ..."
She smiles.
" it makes this shit a lot easier trust me."
" makes what easier ?"
She shakes her head laughing.
" I gotta go I gotta get back to work. " she pushes me out of the way looking in the mirror fixing her hair before leaving the bathroom.
The cocaine is still cut up on the counter. I roll my eyes walking out of the bathroom I have my head down and bump into Suge.
" hey. " I say smiling.
He gives me a nod. He's looking in the bathroom over me.
" I need to go home. "
" why?"
" it's getting late I don't want my mom alone all night you know ?"
" she's a big girl. She can handle it. I want you here with me. "
I give him this look.
" okay give me a minute. " he says walking away from the bathroom I follow him and he sits back down conversing with everyone around him.

I'm so used to Eric taking me home whenever I wanted. Dropping everything he's doing when I need to leave. I get an instant attitude. I stand there next to a closet door with my arms folded. Thirty minutes go by and I walk over to him he's telling a story about something. I tap him on the shoulder he looks back at me and rolls his eyes.
" I'll be back. " he tells them. They nod and he walks pass me to the front door I quickly follow him. He gets in the car and starts the engine. I quickly get in and before I even close my door he speeds off.
" what's your problem?!"
" don't ever interrupt me when I'm doing something. Fucks wrong with you girl?" His voice is deep and loud it automatically shuts me up. I don't say a word I look out the window holding back my tears.
We get to my house after a silent quick drive and he grabs my chin making me face him.
" I didn't mean to yell just. - " he lets out a sigh and pulls out more white out of his pocket. He hands it to me.
" this should tie you over for a few days. Depending on how many customers you get. " i grab it and stick it in my pocket.
He writes his number down and gives it to my also.
" I expect to hear from you soon. "
I smile a weak smile and get out the car. He speeds off. I look back and roll my eyes I unblock the door and walk in. I smell food cooking.
What could she be possibly cooking at 2am?
" mom what are you cooking ?"
" French fries. You want some ?" I throw my keys down.
" uhm no I'm good. " she comes out the kitchen. Putting a fry in her mouth
" how was it ?"
" good I guess. How are the bills and rent and everything ?"
She gives me a weird look
" good why?" She says laughing.
I shrug
" just asking. "
" oh oh Eric called. !" I look at her with my eyes big.
" when how long ago what happened ?!"
" few hours ago and he didn't tell me what he wanted. "
I run up stairs to my room I sit down and dial his number. Kicking off my shoes I wait ring after ring.
" yo. "
His voice sounds groggy and yummy.
" hi. You called ?" I say with a smile on my face.
" where were you at?"
" with Alicia. "
" why?"
" I don't know ...." What's his problem
" I told yo ass to wait for my call. "
I hear amusement in his voice and I start smiling.
" is eazy e getting jealous ? That I have a life ?"
" Neva that. "
I'm grinning from ear to ear.
" when can i see you?"
I say in a whisper.
" soon baby. I promise. Don't be acting too wild without me. "
" you know I won't. " a part of me wants to tell him about Suge. But I can't. Not now at least.
YO ERIC. COME ON MAN WE NEED YOU IN THE STUDIO
I hear Dre yell in the background. I roll my eyes.
" I - "
" yeah I know. Call me when you can. I miss you. "
" miss you too. I will. " he hangs up and I do the same. I get undressed and take the money out of my bra putting it under my mattress.

* Eazys pov *
I hang up the phone and walk into the studio.
" you done cup caking motherfucka ?" Ren asks. I roll my eyes
" man whatever. " I sit down next to Dre and he huffs and puffs.
" man what is it now ?" I ask standing back up.
" nothing. "
Ever since cube left dre been acting real funny. Ion like the shit but I haven't called him on it yet.
" Yo E. I need my checks to be looking right man. I'm not getting paid what I should. "
" this shit again. "
" yeah motherfucka this shit again " Dre says standing up.
" Jerry gotta go man. Simple. "
" nah Nigga it's not simple. He ain't been nothing but good to us. And you want me to kick him the curb? Nah fuck that. "
" nah Nigga he ain't been good to US he been good to YOU!" My jaw gets tight and I just stare at him.
" I ain't see it before but cube and Suge is right man. " he scoffs sitting back down.
My blood starts boiling.
" MAN FUCK SUGE. AND CUBE! "
They all look at me.
" They just trynna corrupt your mind and shit. Think about what's important. These dollas man. And these records. Not punk ass Suge and not hoe ass cube. " I look at all of them.
" can we get back to recording ? Or do y'all got anything else to say?"
" Nah. Let's get back to recording. " Dre says with a light smile.
I roll my eyes putting my shades on sitting down.