C16: A Task

CHANYEOL'S P.O.V

"You're firing my people, getting bruises and now you failed?!"

I didn't realize I was slapped until I faced the other direction. I let out a smirk and faced him. "So you care for me now?"

He slowly walked closer to me and grabbed both of my shoulders. "What do you think?"

*Knock knock knock"

"Who is it?" he asks, still holding me.

"It's Byun Baekhyun, Director." the voice behind the door said. My father looked at me and let go. He fixed his suit and casually walked to his seat. He looked at me from head to toe then said "Come in, Mr. Byun"

The door opened slowly and revealed the person who I haven't talked to for a while. The person who left me like I was nothing. The person who made me what I am recently. The person who made me think of him every minute of my life that it even failed me on my exam. 

Why would someone be so special that it made me like this?

I stare at him as he walks closer to my father. He bowed before him and then sat on the chair near him. "Do you know why you're here, Mr. Byun?" he asks.

"No, Director. I have no idea." he replies.

"How about you, Son?" he asks me giving emphasize on the last word. And since when did he start calling me his child? He never calls me son unless its a relative.

He ignored me and continued talking to the petite guy. "Are you guys somehow close to each other?"

I saw Baekhyun gulped and looked at me using his peripheral view. "We're acquaintances". My father nodded and took out a paper.

"Good. Chanyeol, can you please seat down in front of Mr. Byun?" he said and pointed at the seat Baekhyun was close to. "I'd rather stand up than sit close to him" I saw him twitch and look at the floor. 

"Don't be rude. Seat down as I told you so!". I dropped my body on the chair and tried to avoid the best that I can to look at the person in front of me.

"I guess both of you are wondering why I called you. I'm here to give a task." he placed the paper on the table and showed it to us.

"Annual Competition for College Students 2015"

"I've decided to choose the best students there is... except for one." He looked at me sternly then at Baekhyun. "Can you please study hard for this competition? I know that you won't fail me. This will be held in Paris 1 month from now. My company will fully support all your expenses including the hotel you're going to stay in. All I need now is a yes"

Baekhyun's hand started moving up and down on his thighs and I swear to God it means something else for me.

"I'll inform you of my decision, Sir." He said and my father nodded once more and walked closer to him. "Before I let you go, can I have a request?"

"What is it, Sir?" he asks.

BAEKHYUN'S P.O.V

I close the door behind me but it didn't made a sound like it was suppose to. I looked behind and saw Chanyeol. I let out a sigh and started walking.

My body bumped into the cold wall and I can't move it. Hands were on the both sides of my head and my eyes were focused on one thing. A pair of deep black orbs that was staring at me intensely. "Why did you say yes?"

I looked away but his hand grabbed my chin and made me face him. "Why did you say yes, Baekhyun?!"

"I-I don't know" the first words that came out from my mouth after weeks of not communicating with each other. "I'm not stupid! Give me the reason why!"

"I told you that I don't know! It just came out of me"

"Well what I'm about to do is something that I don't know too" he leaned in closer but stopped.

"Baekhyun-ah." someone from behind called my name. I peeked behind Chanyeol and saw Sehun with 2 bubble teas. I push Chanyeol away from me and walked to Sehun. "Is this mine?" he nodded. "Thanks" I didn't have a second thought in getting away from the situation.

"So..." Sehun started.

"You saw nothing, Sehun." I say.

"What do you mean? Did I saw something very awkward that I seriously have to forget about?" he smiled at me but then I punched him lightly on his arm. "I'm just kidding"

When I got home, I can't stop thinking about what happened earlier. He was about to kiss me. Which I honestly miss more than anything in this world. I miss his touch but I just can't have it.

I just can't give him yet what he wants from me.

Passengers of Flight 1269 please proceed to the airplane.

Where is he?! I've been waiting for hours already but he's still not here. I grab my backpack and walk towards the tunnel going to the airplane. Wait... I'm used to being alone on a airplane. I go to different countries by myself. Why do I have to wait for someone? I fixed my position on my seat and put on my earphones.

So kiss me and smile for me

Tell me that you'll wait for me

Holding like you'll never let me go

Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane

Don't know if I'll be back again

Oh babe I hate to go

How accurate can this song be? I skipped the song.

Can I lay by your side?

Next to you, you

And make sure you're alright

I'll take care of you

I don't want to be here if I can't be with you tonight

Why do I even have these songs?! I turned my music off and tried to sleep. When I closed my eyes I felt someone sit close to me. The presence of this person was overpowering.

"If only you're awake right now I would tell you something I really need to say. I've been dying to tell you this and I don't know how to express it" I felt his body stand and touch my face. It immediately sent shivers all over my body. "You don't know how much I miss you, Baekhyun"