Chapter 5 - The Burrow

Sorry for uploading late but OMG HARRY POTTER IS OUT!!!!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!! im going to see it tomorrow when is everyone else going to see it or have you seen it already? Anyway please enjoy and dont forget to vote and comment =)

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 5

The next few weeks flew by and before I knew it, it was two weeks before Christmas and I was packing for the Weasley's along with Hermione. I moved into the dorm with her and Ginny because I liked them more than the girls in my room.

            "You'll really enjoy it. The family is nice and the house is pretty cool." Hermione was saying pilling books into her bag for "extra studying" apparently. The girl was such a nerd but you had to love her.

            "Cool, I can't wait!" I said excitedly. We were supposed to be getting the train at twelve and it was ten o'clock, but you know how fast time goes when you're packing. Everyone else was ready. Harry was the only other person who had to pack really and he was done. How come guys can pack a damn sight easier than girls? Don't they care about what they take?!

            Eventually we were done so we dragged our severally heavy trunks down the stairs to where most of Gryffindor people were chatting amongst themselves and promising to write to each other and saying bye's and things. I kept on thinking the Christmas holiday was only for three weeks, it's not like the summer or forever or something. But I guess I was lucky considering I was going to a friend's house for Christmas.

            "Ready to go downstairs?" Fred asked sitting on his trunk that was probably filled with his pranking stuff.

            "Yup." I said and we set off with everyone. I saw Harry go over to Hermione to give her a hand with her trunk but Ron beat him too it. Hmm. As we got downstairs we headed in the Dinning Room to get some breakfast and there wasn't that many people in there for a change so we could easily grab a seat. A squawk made me look up and I saw my owl fly over to me. I put his cage on my trunk and opened the little door on it and he flew in happily. I tried to get him yesterday but he kept on biting at me but I knew he probably wanted to come so that's why I brought the cage. I sound crazy, like some sort of owl whisperer or something. But I swear I'm not!

            "Hello! Earth to Brooke!" George waved in front of me dragging me out of my thoughts.

            "Yeah?" I said slowly.

            "You're pouring the pumpkin juice all over the table!" Ron shouted. I looked down and half the jug was gone and on the floor.

            "Crap!" I shouted a put the jug on the table quickly and waved my wand in the juice went back into the jug (clean I'll add). "Oops." I muttered and everyone was chuckling.

            "Well it's nice to see that some people are in a happy mood this morning!" Said a rather chirpy Professor Dumbledore. We didn't know what to say to that so there was an uncomfortable silence. "I hope you have a nice winter break and stay safe." He carried on, completely oblivious to the awkwardness. We waved to him and carried on eating and made small conversations amongst ourselves. Eventually a voice came over… something… telling us we had to leave to get to the train on time. So we picked our bags and trunks and things up (I saw Ron help Hermione again) and headed to the front where Filch and Snape were waiting for us. They looked moderately happy for them; it was probably because most of us were leaving and they would have a break. It got me thinking, I wonder what they will be doing, and maybe they go home to their family. Maybe Snape has a girlfriend. I started laughing to myself and I saw Fred look at me strangely.