Chapter 10 - Break Ups...

im still not well so my hearts not really into it. but i still hope you enjoy the story =)

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 10

            "No!"

            "But Fred –"

            "No I won't tell you what I got you!"

            "But –"

            "No Brooke!" We were heading to Herbology and I asked Fred what did he get me for my birthday but he refused to tell me. So I turned to George who was walking with us.

            "George?" I asked him.

            "No I won't tell you either! I like to see you frustrated." He tried to hug me but I pushed him away.

            "No if you don't tell me I won't hug you." I threatened him.

            "Oh no! How will I live my life?!" He said in mock horror. I just rolled my eyes and turned back to Fred.

            "Fred please tell me!" I asked him again doing my puppy dog face that usually get's me anything I want off anybody. But Fred refused to look at me whilst I did it because he would probably tell me otherwise.

            "Not the face!" I carried on with the face. "Oh come one Brooke!" I carried on and tried not to smirk at him. "Brooke please stop!"

            "Look both of you pack it in before I kill you!" George shouted at us and we quickly dropped it but grinned at each other before entering the green house.

                                                            *

Our fourth lesson of the day was Defence Against the Dark Arts and it came pretty quick. I had pretty much dropped the present pestering by now and turned to sulking. Yes it was low but I wanted to know! I hate surprises and I'm terribly impatient.

            "Right class! Everyone pair up and we're going to practise on some more complex defence and offence spells. Hopefully you practised the spells I set you for homework," Most of the class looked sheepish when Professor Lupin said that. He just smiled and rolled his eyes. "I didn't expect many of you to have done IT. So get into pairs and if you have practised them try to use them. If not, try the things we have been practising in class." He clapped his hands and Fred made a move to me but I purposely picked a girl near me. Her name was Lucy I think. I smiled innocently at Fred before he got dragged off by George. Everyone was in pairs and spaced around the classroom, the chairs and desks were pushed up against the side of the classroom and the room was pretty big when it was practically empty like this, and Professor Lupin clapped his hands again. "Right everyone! Three… two… one!" Sparks flew everywhere and so were some people. Lucy smiled nervously at me and I remembered that she usually struggled with this lesson.

            "You go first." I nodded towards her and she smiled gratefully at me.

            "Oh ok then. E… ex… expelliamus!" Her voice quivered slightly but my wand moved in my hand slightly so I loosened my grip slightly and it jumped out of my hand and quite far from where we were. She looked really pleased with herself and I picked up my wand and sent a spell back at her. She hovered in mid air in a starfish shape before lying flat on her back. I smiled apologetically at her as she got up. We sent a few more spells back and forth between us before sir clapped his hands again getting our attention.