Chapter 17 - What A Day

heres the next chapter. theres a note at the bottom i want you to read if you want. wow i sound flaky anyways enjoy =)

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 17

I had stayed with my Dad all that night with Fred and my Mum. We were sat around his bed and were allowed to sleep in his room. I fell asleep holding Dads hand and curled up in a ball on Fred's lap. I was woken up by someone shaking my shoulder slightly. I grumbled and shifted sleepily not wanting to wake up and be told that my Father had died. They shook me a little harder this time and I turned to bite them and they chuckled.

            "See I told you, you shouldn't shake her to wake her up because she will try to eat you." I heard Fred say chuckling.

            "Miss Kelly?" A woman said to me.

            "What?" I mumbled not wanting to open my eyes.

            "I have some news about your Father." She said.

            "He's dead I know." I said and I felt my eyes fill up.

            "No he's not." My eyes snapped open.

            "What?! Are you playing me?!" I asked and she smiled at me.

            "No. He's still with us. It's a miracle. His body responded to the medication and he's doing well. He should be awake soon. Your Mother had gone to get some drinks and to tell your Head teacher you won't be in today."

            "Great!" I said excitedly and positively beamed as she left the room.

            "That's great news Brooke!" Fred said hugging me.

            "I know!" I bounced slightly.

            "Brooke don't do that." Fred groaned.

            "Oh sorry." I stopped.

            "No I seriously have to pee. You're pressing on my bladder get off me!" He begged me and I laughed and got off him and he quickly jumped up and ran out shouting he'll be back soon. I laughed and went to my Dad's side taking his hand in mine.

            "Daddy? If you can hear me squeeze my fingers." He didn't squeeze them but I felt them move slightly in my hand and tears of happiness fell down my face. "When you wake up Daddy I'm going to kill you for scaring me ok? Deal?" I chuckled happily. I looked down as my foot hit something. I looked under the bed and saw a vile roll under it. I picked it up and looked at it. It looked like your average vile that you could get anywhere but when I looked at the other side it had something scratched into it; 'Possession of S. Snape'. I looked up and saw that Snape was standing in the doorway. "Did you do this?" I asked wiping my eyes and he nodded curtly.

            "When you told me to go back to the school I did and I made a powerful healing potion that would bring him back from within an inch of death. When I came back he had been dead for two minutes and I didn't think it would work but I tried it anyway. They told me this morning he was alive so I guess it worked." I couldn't help it. I ran over to him and threw my arms around him and hugged him tightly.

            "Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou. I'm sorry for saying all that before." I said tears falling from my face and he patted my back awkwardly so I let him go. I guess the guy had suffered enough. Too much emotion for him to handle I think.