Chapter 6 - Merry Christmas

heres the next one! i uploaded yesterday didnt i? not that its important but anyway ill stop waffling and let you enjoy it =)

___________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 6

For the next two weeks up until Christmas Eve, Fred had been weird around me so I hadn't really spoken to him and to I kind of missed him. But I drew the line when it was about eleven o'clock on Christmas Eve, everyone had gone to bed and I had just been wrapping the last few presents I bought everyone and Fred was sitting on the sofa playing a game of cards by himself.

            "Have you wrapped your presents then?" I asked him trying to make a conversation.

            "Yeah." He mumbled.

            "Ok then." It went quiet again. Talking to Fred like this was like trying to get blood out of a stone. "What are you playing?" I asked him trying to make a conversation again.

            "Cards." He said not looking at me.

            "Yeah I can see that." I snapped and slammed the ribbon and cellotape down on top of the present and stormed over to Fred who still didn't look up. If anything he tried to look down more. "Look at me Fred!" I snapped and he put the cards down and looked forwards but didn't face me so I sat down next to him. "Fred look at me!" He reluctantly turned to face me. "What is the matter with you? Why are you ignoring me or giving me one syllable answers to my questions?!" He mumbled something incoherent. "What?" I asked, my tone not changing.

            "Becuaseilikeyou." He said it too fast so I couldn't hear him.

            "What? Say I in English so I can actually understand."

            "Because… because… because I like you." He said rushing but I could understand him this time. He went really red, even his ears reminded me of tomatoes, and looked away.

Fred's P.O.V.

            "Because… because… because I like you." I said rushing but I could tell she could understand me this time because her mouth nearly hit he floor. I felt my entire head go red and I looked away. There was this strange silence for a while before I turned around. "Look I'm sorry for being a bastard to you for the past couple of weeks, but I… well I… look I thought if I was distant from I wouldn't like you as much and then I could be your friend again. But it went on a bit loner than I planned and well… I still like you so it didn't work out to well." I mumbled looking at the deck of cards in my hands that where laughing and pulling faces at me so I threw then on the table. I felt the sofa dip and Brooke lean against my shoulder. I couldn't help it so I looked at her.

            "I like you too." She said in a barley audible whisper.