Chapter 7 - Weird Day

weird title, sorry couldnt think of anything else. i hope you enjoy it =)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 7

The rest of the week passed pretty quickly, and before I knew it we were back on the train heading back to Hogwarts. Mrs Weasley kept on asking us did we remember everything and Mr Weasley was trying to shush her up and wave us off. When the train did pull out of the station we headed off to our separate compartments, me, Fred and George in one and Harry, Ron and Hermione in another, Ginny was with her friends.

            "Wasn't that a great holiday?" George said sighing as we sat down.

            "Yeah, I've never had a Christmas like that before!" I said sitting by the window and putting my feet up on Fred's lap.

            "Well now you have! Something to tell your parents when you get home." I nodded and looked out of the window as they discussed who to practise their new prank toys on people when we got back to school. Fred and I hadn't done anything else after the kiss in the kitchen on Christmas; we were trying to figure out where we were. Sure we liked each other, but apart from that we were both to shy to ask one another out. I was a bit weary about it. I really liked him but I was worried about what if we broke up, I was really close with everyone and I didn't want it to be awkward between us if we did break up.

            "Georgey!" Came a voice from the doorway of the compartment. We all looked over and saw Claudia standing there grinning at George.

            "Hey Claudia! How was your holiday?" He asked smiling back.

            "Great! How was yours?"

            "Great." There was an awkward silence for a bit.

            "Er hey Fred do you wanna walk around the train or something for a bit?" I asked him.

            "Er no well go don't worry we'll go." George said standing up and walking out with Claudia who was waving at us so we waved back politely. When the door shut Fred faced me.

            "So er, I was wondering."

            "Yes?" I asked twiddling the necklace he gave me nervously. I hadn't taken it off (apart from when I got a shower and went to sleep) since he gave it too me.

            "Oh nothing. It doesn't matter."

            "Go on."

            "Well I was thinking –"

            "Don't strain yourself." I said butting in. He gave me a shut – up look and I smiled sweetly at him.