Chapter 20 - Draco The Doofus

i am really sorry its taken me so long to upload but i have been busy with last minute homework and ive been doing my duke of edinburgh practise aswell so again apologise for the latness of this upload. i dont know when ill upload again, probably not that long though sometime in this week. enjoy =)

___________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 20

By the end of the second week after my Dads death I had gotten a handle on the death of my Dad thanks to my friends, family and surprisingly Snape. He knew what it was like to lose someone you love and we had gotten closer with each other during the week. Apparently Dumbledore told Snape that I needed another week with him to make sure I wouldn’t go crazy because I was doing well, so here I was after Potions in Snape’s office again and we were talking about small things such as what my Dad and I would do when I was younger.

            We usually just went to the woods in the back of the house and either played with in the lake or explore and look for the creatures.” I shrugged. For some reason when ever I spoke to him about my Dad I felt really awkward and bored, whereas if I spoke about him with anyone else I was happy and had no problem about it. “I appreciate that you’re helping me but I don’t really want to do this anymore, I feel better about it and I’ve been sleeping better now.” I said then felt really uncomfortable about saying ‘sleeping’ in front of him.

            “I know but Dumbledore said -” He began before I interrupted him.

            “Yeah yeah I know he said I needed it. But I’m fine honestly!” I protested and it was true, I was having normal dreams about random things and when I dreamt about my Dad it was always happier times and good memories nothing scary or disturbing.

            "Look Brooke this is what he wanted so we can’t go against his word.” He sighed and I grumbled but didn’t argue, I actually didn’t mind talking to Snape much to everyone’s annoyance or amazement.

            "Fine! Can we talk about something else or something then please?” I asked and he shrugged.

            "Fine, what do you want to talk about?” He asked with a small smile on his mouth.

            "Do you know what Potions we have to do for our OWLs practical?” I asked cheekily and he shook his head and chuckled.

            "Brooke, you know you can’t ask me that and I can’t tell you.” He shook his head at me again.

            "Oh why not! I’m not going to tell anyone!” I whined and grinned at him.

            "It’s unfair to the other students.” He argued.

            “When did you care about the other students?” I argued back grinning.

            “Well I care about my house Brooke, don’t look at me like that.” He said looking at my shocked face.

            “What face? I’m not pulling a face! I’m just surprised you used the words ‘I care’ in a sentence with bursting into flames.” I said innocently and he chuckled at me.

            “Well I like them when they do well so I can brag about them to the other teachers.” He shrugged nonchalantly.

            “So when they don’t do well, do you eat them?” I asked him.

            “No I don’t eat them! I just punish them; I make them clean my room.” He shrugged and I looked at him horrified “Well it keeps them working hard!” He protested.