Chapter 3

After a month...

"Naina dekh tera letter aya hai",

shouts her mother holding an official letter written 'Kanchanjunga Military Academy' KMA on the envelope. Voice of Naina's ankletes reaches much before she enters the drawing room of her home.

"Dikhao Ma",

she snatches the envelope from her mother's hand.

"Ma ye earring pehnana, mujhse ho nahi raha",

says Naina, giving her mother the earring, without bothering to look at her mother, her whole focus is on the envelope.

"Beta jaldi se tayaar ho ja Mr.Kumar ke party mein jana hai".

Naina is so excited on receiving the letter from KMA, that for her, attending the party is nothing in comparison to this.

She quickly tears the top of the envelope to bring out the letter, After reading and satisfying herself that she is permitted to join KMA, she faces her mother and says,

"Ma mujhe na jaane ka mann nahi kar raha. Aap aur Baba chaley jao na please"

"Arey aise kaise? Nahi tum bhi jaogi humare saath Naina",

orders her father.

"Baba please..."

"Dekho Naina jab se Naveen humein chod kar gya hai tab se humara kahin bhi aana jana bilkul band ho gya hai. Kisi ke saath humara rishta hi nahi raha. Koi humare saath rishta rakhna hi nahi chahta. Bus Mr.Kumar hain jinhone humse rishta nahi toda, mujhey lagta hai ki humein iss baat ka maan rakhna chahiye".

"Tere Baba bilkul theek keh rahe hain Naina",

says her mother, rolling her hand on Naina's hair, as a gesture of love.

"Hmm... Theek hai Ma. Waise bhi KMA join karne ke baad kahan waqt milega mujhey ye sub enjoy karne ka",

says Naina.

Smiling with teary eyes, Naina's mother embraces her into a warm hug, followed by her father.

Naina returns back to her room and quickly gets ready wearing a suit of red and yellow color combination with light embroideries of flowers, she keeps her hair tied up into a simple ponytail, with nokaajal and lipstick.

As they reach the venue, the Ahluwalia family walk towards the entrance. As they were about to reach the entrance, Naina doesn't notice that there is a stone on the way, big enough to give her a good fall. Thankfully her mother reaches her to hold her on time, as she stumbles.

"Dhyaan se Naina. Tu theek to hai na?",

asks her mother, out of concern.

As she was about to answer, two guys coming from behind, riding a bike,

"Arey madam hum kuch madad karey kya apko sambhalne mein?",

they tease Naina, lowering the speed of the bike.Naina turns and grabs the front guy, riding the bike, by his collar,

"Salwaar-kameez pehni hai to iska matlab ye nahi ki ladna ya tum jaise logon ko jawaab dena nahi aata mujhe"

Her action takes the guys by surprise and hence results in the imbalance of bike, they fall down. Naina gets down,

"Abhi to chor rahi hun ayenda mere saath kya kisi bhi aur ladki ke saath aisi harkat karte hue dikh gaye, to wo halat karungi ki apni shakal tak pehchaan nahi paoge aayine mein. Chalo niklo yahan se".

Her mother puts her hand on Naina's shoulder,

"Chal beta"

"Naina tu ab unke barey mein mat soch chal ander",

says her father.

Getting inside, her parents, start enjoying the party. But Naina's mind is elsewhere, thinking about the life she is choosing to lead henceforth.

'Do din baad joining hai. Mujhe jald se jald saari tayaari karni hogi'.

She fishes for her mobile in her bag. Scrolling down the contact list, she calls her friend Natasha. As soon as Natasha picks up the call she says,

"let me guess tu KMA join kar rahi hai!"

Her comment takes Naina by surprise.

"Tujhe kaise pata chala?",

her surprise was visible in her voice.

"Hmmm... jo ladki apni best friend ko kabhi call nahi karti, jisse apni best friend ki zarurat mehsus nahi hoti, wo achanak agar call kare to zarur koi badi baat hogi. Aur tere life mein KMA join karne se badi baat filhal to nahi hai, right?"

"Right!"

"Anyways congrats for the first step Naina"

"Bus congrats? Tu mujhse milne nahi aa rahi?"

"Ahmm.. yaar wo main milna to chahti hun, par main thodi busy hun"

"Busy? Tu theek to hai na? Thodi upset sound kar rahi hai"

"Haan! Haan main theek hun. Chal yaar I hope teri ye new journey achi ho. All the best!"

"Alright, thanks"

"Chal bye"

"bye".

After ending the call, she joins her parents.

Unconsciously her eyes fall on a guy, smartly dressed up in a black suit, holding a glass of drink in his hand. Seeing him, Naina starts thinking,

'Kya Captain Shekhawat aise honge ya...'

then she looks at the guy he is talking to,

'aise?',

she thinks, making face, she exhales audibly.

She drifts her attention to random people. As she turns back again to look at this guy, she finds him missing. A hint of frustration and irritation crosses her face, as she fails to see him again.

'Main kabse kisi ladke ko na dekh paney ki wajah se irritate hone lagi?',

she thinks. Getting irritated by her weird feeling, she rolls her eyes and decides to forget the matter.

Soon they return back, changing her dress to her night dress, she brings out her diary and writes about her experience of the party. She doesn't forget to mention about this guy and her strange behavior and feelings, she witnessed after seeing that guy.