Chapter 58

All the cadets after giving final look to Captain Rajveer and Naina leave for their rooms. Pooja realizes that she shouldn't say anything right now, so quietly she gets back to her room, promising herself that she'll talk to Naina once she gets into the room. Alekh also wanted to talk to Naina, but realizes it's not a good time. Giving a last concerned look to her, he also leaves for his room.

Dr. Shalini moves forth to talk to Captain Rajveer, but as she was approaching him, Captain Rajveer looks at her and shakes his head a little, indicating that it's not a good time. Seeing that he is upset and angry about the situation, Dr. Shalini lowers her eyes, nodding her head, indicating that she understands, leaves for her room as well, leaving behind, Rajveer and Naina alone.

****

Not caring if there is someone still around them or not, noticing them, Rajveer grabs her hand, pulling her with him, he moves towards his room, his eyes blazing with anger. Not daring to ask him anything or stopping him from doing anything, she moves quietly with him, her heartbeats running too fast. Her cheeks turning red and hot out of fear.

Rajveer notices that she is not trying to let go off his hold, so he relaxes a little, but makes it sure that Naina doesn't discover in any way that his anger has melted, even though a little, but yes it has melted.

Naina feels uncomfortable as the realization dawned on her that more than the anger she witnessed of Brigadier Chandok, it's Captain Rajveer's anger that's affecting her! She knows that she hasn't done anything wrong by saving him from the punishment but she also knows it perfectly well that Captain Rajveer never likes someone pitying him. But how can she tell him; how can she make him understand that it wasn't a pity but care, concern for himthat gave her the power to revolt. How could she possibly let him face the punishment when she knows that it wasn't his fault, it was her fault!She was enjoying his company, she was trying to elongate the time period, so that she could enjoy few more moments with him, alone. Soon they reach Captain Rajveer's room, pulling her into the room, Rajveer at last let go of her hand. Quickly locking the door, he turns to face her.

Unable to understand how is he going to react, what is he going to do, Naina keeps staring him. Her chest moving up and down, too fast. Her eyes on the verge of having tears. His constant gaze, which always makes her to lower her eyes, today they are forcing her to keep her eyes locked to his, forcing her to bear the pain which he is inflicting into her, with his that one angry look.

After what seems like eternity, he speaks, not ending the angry eye lock. "Kyun Naina, kyun kia tumne aisa?", his voice low, but anger still intact. Had they been to some other place, other than KMA, he would have shouted on her, louder.

Still desperately trying to hold her tears back, although she knows if he keeps staring at her in that way, she'll soon lose her power to stay erect and end up crying, but no she is Naina, Naina Singh Ahluwalia, she doesn't give up easily.

"Kya kia maine?", she asks, whispering, fully aware that anyone crossing by his room could hear them. Rajveer gives her a stern look, warning her not to mess with him like that. But this time Naina has to explain him, that she is Naina Singh Ahluwalia, he as well shouldn't mess with her.

But in truth only their hearts know how much they both are enjoying their messed up state!"Naina..." he pauses, expecting her to interrupt as always. But to his surprise, she doesn't interrupt him. Like an obedient and quiet child, she waits for him to speak or rather scold her. Sighing, he relaxes a little, his voice doesn't bear the amount of anger it bore a few seconds ago. Her eyes are definitely doing the magic yet again! "Kya zarurat thi subke samne kuch bhi bolne ki?" he asks her, lowering his voice, now that his anger has diminished because of her presence; because of her being alone with him; because of her eyes; because of... oh so many reasons!

"Kya galti ki maine? Apko saza na milne se hi roka na?" she asks, creasing her brows."Exactly! Kyun roka tumne mere punishment ko?" he almost shouts at her, pressing her upper arms tightly in anger.Creasing her brows even more, as a measure to bear the pain he is inflicting into her, she says, "you mean to say that you would have rather enjoyed the punishment over being here? To chaliye, chaliye Brigadier Chandok ke paas aur keh dijiye ki aap punish hona chahte hain. Chaliye, I'll accompany you to his office".