Chapter 38

Disappointed by the fact that he didn't ask her to feed him with ice-cream, she creases
her brows. Getting bold, she fills the same spoon with ice-cream and holds it in front of his mouth, waiting for him to have it. He keeps looking into her eyes and slowly, holding her hand he puts the spoon into his mouth, not breaking the eye contact. At last Naina lowers her eyes.

They sit on the couch next to each other. "Main apse ek baat puchun?""Pucho!" He faces her, folding his left leg and right foot on the floor "Aap mujhey kyun force karte hain iss tarah dekhne ko?" "Kis tarah?" he dares her to answer. They keep staring each other (fast Rajveer-Naina tune begins). A smile comes on Rajveer's lips, seeing her getting nervous and feeling shy at the same time. Naina lowers her eyes. Taking a deep breath , Rajveer asks "kya tumhe pasand nahi hai ye?" Her cheeks go red out of shyness, Rajveer notices that and smiles.

"Hum yahan se kab jayenge?" she asks, trying to ignore his question. "Kyun? Tumhe yahan acha nahi lag raha?""Mujhey KMA ki yaad aa rahi hai"Creasing his brows, getting angry but keeping a check on his voice, he just simply says"hmm..." and gets up to leave. "Mera matlab..." she starts to explain but he cuts her"rehne do Naina! I can understand. Main aata hun bahar ghoom kar", he leaves shutting the door too hard.

****

Dr. Shalini and Yudi share the same room."Ma'am I think Brigadier Chandok ne ye bohot acha kia""Kya acha kia Cadet Yudi?" asks Dr. Shalini, removing her eye make up with the help of cotton, sitting in front of mirror. "Yahi ki har room mein ek ladka aur ek ladki ko rehne ko bola".Holding the cotton in front of her, staring at Yudi through the mirror, Dr. Shalini bashes her eyelashes several times, before she says, smiling forcefully, "And why is it that Cadet?" "Nahi, like raat ko agar koi problem hui, you should always have a gentleman beside you, you know" "Really Cadet Yudi? Wow! That's really a great thought". Suddenly a paper lying on the floor flies and touches his feet. Unable to understand that it's just a piece of paper, Yudi shouts"Chuha! Chuha!".He goes to Dr. Shalini, frightened and holds her tightly by her shoulders and looks behind him to notice what exactly is it. Dr. Shalini looks through the mirror that it's just a piece of paper, she looks heavenwards, a smile on her face.She pats his hand holding her shoulder and says, "it's okay Cadet that was only a paper. Don't worry" Realizing that it is indeed just a paper, Yudi sighs and a smile comes on his lips automatically. "Chalo Cadet, I am very tired. Need rest now" smiling they greet each other 'good night' and sleep.

Huda and Dr. Mishra share the same room. Habitual to praying before sleeping and performing few bed time yoga, Dr. Mishra was engrossed in doing so, sitting on a mat, on the floor of her room. Suddenly Huda enters the room, not anticipating that he'll find Dr. Mishra performing yoga, he utters, getting surprised and scared at the same time "O teri!"In her red night dress, Dr. Mishra looks sizzling."Yaar Huda agar ye sotey waqt bhi itni katilana dikhegi, to tujhey raat ko neend kaise ayegi?" Huda whispers to himself. "I am trying to concentrate Cadet Huda. Kya aap apni faltu baatein band karenge?" asks Dr. Mishra, still maintaining the same position, her eyes closed. "Sorry Ma'am! Par apko kaise pata chala ki main hun?" "Cadet Huda concentrate karne ka yahi maza hai, humein shant mahol chahiye hota hai concentrate karne ke liye. Agar thoda sa bhi disturbance hua to concentration break ho sakta hai. Aur aap jab samne ho to concentrate kar kaise sakta hai koi?""Kyun main kya itna handsome hun kya?" asks Huda in a naughty way."Handsome nahi distracting". Then she adds, before he could comment, "in a negative way!"

"Ma'am Huda jahan hai ladkiyan khud hi distract ho jaati hain, ab iss mein Huda ki kya galti hai? Waise maine sunna hai yoga subah uth kar kia jaata hai!" Getting up, Dr. Mishra says, "Cadet Huda, yoga kabhi bhi kia ja sakta hai. Par, har time ke liye alag-alag yoga allotted hai. We just have to follow that". "Waise Ma'am agar main apke saath rahun, to bohot kuch seekh sakta hun" "Yes, Huda. But I wonder agar main apke saath zada time tak rahi to main jo janti hun wo bhi na bhul jaun". Laughing Huda says "Madam ji aap bhi na, mazak acha karti ho".