Chapter 39

Next Morning

Naina's eyes open before Rajveer's. She realizes that a minor weight is on her stomach. Soon she clears her mind and realizes that it's Rajveer's hand on her stomach. As soon as she realizes this, her breathing rate exhilarates. Slowly she moves his hand and puts it back to his side. As she gets up, something pulls her back to him, it's her earring which got entwined to his shirt last night. The sudden fall of Naina on Rajveer, wakes him up. The first thing he looks after waking up is her beautiful eyes. He realizes, she is holding his arms to prevent herself from falling on him fully. He waits for her to get up, taking her time and enjoys looking at the morning face of Naina.

After sometime

Soon everyone gets ready and climbs into the bus. Dr. Ritu comes to Rajveer and says "Chaliye Captain hum ek hi bus mein chalte hain". As soon as Rajveer hears this, he looks at Naina, who is standing in front of him, talking to Pooja. Although she was with Pooja, but her attention was on Rajveer and Dr. Mishra. Knowing it perfectly that Naina is paying attention on the conversation going on between Dr.Mishra and Captain Rajveer, Rajveer tries to test her patience and her reaction and says, "Chaliye Dr. Mishra, aap kehti hain to main apke saath hi chalunga" smiles Captain Rajveer. Although his answer disappoints Naina, but she ignores it and diverts her mind back to what Pooja is saying.

Captain Rajveer goes to the gatekeeper and asks, "Yahan kisi ladki ko dekha apne? Lambi height, red dress pehn kar, uske baal khuley hue the. Ek neck piece bhi pehni thi white color ki"

"Sirji yahan to har ek ladki hi lal kapdon mein ayi thi kal. Aur kal barish hone ki wajah se, aaj sub jaldi-jaldi nikal gaye, taki fir baarish na shuru ho jaye. To main zada logon par dhyan to nahi de paya. Kuch log thand hone ki wajah se jacket aur shawl bhi istemal kar rahe hain aj, to kapdon par dhyan nahi ja raha""Hmm... Theek hai koi baat nahi"

Naina walks towards the bus, that she steps on something, picking it up, she notices it and looks at it carefully. It is covered with dirt. She blows the dirt away and notices it carefully, creasing her brows, she says "ye locket... ye locket kahin dekhi hai maine", but after thinking for a while too, she fails to remember where has she seen it.

Naina notices Captain Rajveer standing around the gate and thinking about something, all serious. She walks to him and asks"kya hua Sir?"Rajveer looks at her, then again looks in front of him, thinking something, he says"Naina tumhe yaad hai kal raat, wo ladki" Picturing Rajveer with her, like she saw last night, makes her angry. But ignoring her anger, she replies, "ji!" "wo ladki pata nahi kahan hai!" "kyun apko ussey baat karni thi?" "Haan mujhey..." as he begins to speak further, he realizes what Naina meant by 'apko ussey baat karni thi?'

Looking at her, he says "Naina wo achanak aise chali gayi, I mean not that it matters to me as such but thoda ajeeb to lagega hi na!" "Hmmm... right"replies Naina, understanding his state.
"Anyways chalo sub bus mein baith gaye hain""aap bus se jayenge?" "haan kyu?"
"Nahi,fir apki car?" "Oh wo Dr. Mishra drive karengi aur shayad unke saath Dr.Shalini, Huda and Yudi bhi hon""Hmm... Aap aise unn par trust kar sakte hain? I mean apke personal stuffs bhi honge car mein!" Smiling, Rajveer replies"Naina main kisi par bhi trust nahi karta. Siwaye..." then he looks at her. Naina lowers her eyes and says "chalein?"

They both climb up the bus. "Arey Rajveer Sir, ayiye mere saath baithiye"says Suriji. Rajveer smiles looking at Suriji, then looks at Naina,who is already looking at him.

(The slowest guitar tune of Rajveer-Naina starts)

Naina doesn't react, just lowers her eyes. Suddenly Lolita Ma'am climbs into the bus. "Ma'am please..." Captain Rajveer asks Lolita Ma'am to sit next to Suriji, in a gentleman style."Oh! O teri... acha... acha..." blushes Suriji and adjusts his coat. Rolling her eyes and blushing herself, Lolita Ma'am takes her seat next to Suriji.

Smiling, Rajveer shifts his attention to Naina, who although is looking elsewhere, but Rajveer knows she is waiting for him to sit next to her. Rajveer takes his seat next to Naina. Naina shifts a little to her left so that there remains a good gap between Naina and Rajveer. Rajveer understands it, and maintains the distance. As the bus starts with a jerk, Naina holds his thigh with her hand, to prevent herself from a fall. This incident reminds both of them their jeep ride. Both of them smile secretly, not letting anyone or each other to know about it.

*****

The bus moves at a snail's pace. "O ai ki horeya hai, yahan to apni chatni bann rahi hai" says Suriji, smiling, enjoying the bumpy ride, all thanks to the malfunctioned road. Due to this he falls a little, on Lolita Ma'am's side. "Suriji theek se baithiye" scolds Lolita Ma'am."Lolita ji ye main jaan bujhke nahi kar raha, apne aap hi ho raha hai" replies Suriji, in his own tone.

Noticing that Naina is not feeling comfortable because of the bumpy road, Rajveer holds her by her shoulder so that she doesn't fall. As he places his hand on her left shoulder, his firm hold makes her to shiver. Naina places her left hand on his right thigh, to prevent herself from the fall.

Feeling her touch, Rajveer inhales deeply and rests his head on the back of the seat. Closing his eyes he brings his heartbeat to a normal speed. Due to jam on the road and a bumpy ride, it takes them a lot of time to reach KMA. It turns 7 p.m. when they reach a few kilometers away from KMA.

Naina doesn't realize when she falls asleep on Rajveer's shoulder. Rajveer inhales deeply when she rests her head on his shoulder unconsciously. He turns his hand, which is resting on the seat in front of him, into a fist, in order to control his emotions.

Admitting it silently that he loves to look at sleeping Naina, he turns his head a little to look at her. After a few minutes of gazing, he diverts his mind and looks elsewhere, knowing it that it won't be a good decision to stare her for the whole time amidst all KMA people, although he knows he can do it without getting tired.