Chapter 40

Soon they reach KMA, Rajveer doesn't move an inch or makes any effort to wake her up. He knows that the chit-chatting of other people in the bus, would wake her up eventually. The only thing matters to him is how others will react on seeing Naina, resting her head on his shoulder and sleeping soundly.

Looking at her, he whispers "Naina!"His voice, makes her to wake up. Realizing that she is holding his arm and resting on his shoulder, she resumes to sitting straight, with a jerk. Then she turns to look at Rajveer, who is already staring at her.

(Slow Rajveer-Naina tune on guitar starts)

The people sitting behind them, move forth to get off the bus. "Chalein?"Naina nods a 'yes'.They all get into KMA. Holding him by his upper arm, they walk to his room. By the time they enter the room, Naina wakes up fully.

Entering the room, she straight away takes her seat on the sofa, feeling tired. Rajveer fills two glasses of water and gives one to her and the other he drinks himself. After she drinks her water, Rajveer gives her compliment "kal aap party mein bohot achi lag rahin thi". As he gives the compliment, the moment when he untied her hair comes to her mind, and suddenly she feels extremely shy. "Thank you"she replies politely. Smiling, he turns to move towards his bed when Naina reminds him, "apne mujhey mera rubber band wapas nahi kia ab tak!" Without turning to look at her, he brings out her rubber band from his trousers' pocket and shows it to her. Moving towards his cupboard he places it into a drawer and locks the drawer before closing the cupboard. He turns to look at her, they keep staring each other. Naina not daring to ask him why he did so? Rajveer not ready to answer her unasked question.

Yudi escorts Dr. Shalini to her room. "Ma'am you must be very tired. You must take rest, fir classes bhi shuru ho jayengi, I mean your daily routine. So apko rest karne ka waqt nahi milega" smiles Yudi."Yes Cadet, I think you are right. And I would advice you too, to take rest. Ab jo classes shuru hongi, drills and all stuff tough ho jayenge, apko challenges face karne honge kayi sarey, so apko bhi rest karne ka time nahi milega zada"smiles Dr. Shalini."Yes Ma'am!" They stare each other."Alright ma'am bye" "Bye Cadet". Yudi turns to leave, then turning back again, he says "Ma'am you were really looking very beautiful yesterday".Blushing Dr. Shalini accepts his compliment and says "Thank you!" Then he leaves. Dr. Shalini smiles, after he leaves and shakes her head, smiling.

Huda walks with Dr.Mishra towards her room. "Thank you Cadet Huda, main khud chali jaungi, its all fine"says Dr.Mishra, feeling drowsy."It's okay ma'am main chalta hun na apke saath" "ahmm... well I was just thinking ki aap bhi thak gaye honge", says Dr. Mishra as she unlocks her room. They both talk for sometime, standing at the door, suddenly Dr. Mishra feels shivering."Kya hua ma'am?""I guess Cadet, bohot tez hawa chal rahi hai, shayad andhi aane wali hai!" says Dr. Mishra, rubbing her upper arms, her arms crossed."Par apke room ki khidkiyan aap band karke nahi gayi thi kya?" "Ahmmm... karke to gayi thi Cadet par shayad koi khuli reh gayi ho. Anyways doesn't matter. Aap jaiye aur rest kijiye" says Dr. Mishra, smiling. "Theek hai ma'am, main band kar deta hun",smiles Huda and walks forward to shut the window."Aa... Nahi it's okay Cadet Huda, I'll do that. Aap thak gaye honge just go and have some rest"smiles Dr. Mishra."Okay ma'am"smiling, Huda leaves. As he leaves, Dr. Mishra gets irritated and says to herself"logon ko wait karna nahi aata, pata nahi kyu!" Then bringing out her mobile, she dials a number and says, "Wait nahi kar sakte kuch der?" "Kya zarurat thi?" "Anyways main baad mein baat karti hun" "Haan theek hai". Ending the call she throws her mobile on the bed and moves towards the bathroom.

Standing at KMA gate, Alekh says,"apun ko lagta hai tujhey abhi yahinch reh jana chahiye. Thak gayi hai. Baad mein chaley jaiyo na. Tu kehti hai to Brigadier se main baat kar leta hun".Smiling, Neelu rolls a finger on his cheek, and says "Nahi rehne de. Tu ne itna keh dia, wohi kafi hai""Par tu jayegi kaise?" "Jaise aayi thi!" winks Neelu."Neelu!" shouts Yudi, reaching them."Tu yahan kya kar rhi hai? Iss waqt wo bhi iss ke saath? Ghar nahi jana tujhey?" Then he looks at Alekh, who is staring at him in anger."Kaise jayegi akele? Kitni thaki hui hai, dikh nahi raha?"asks Alekh in anger."Chor Alekh, tu iski baat ka bura matt maan. Wo kya hai na ye bohot pyar karta hai mujhse. Bolta nahi hai, par fikr hai issey meri"says Neelu, smiling and turning towards Alekh, placing her right hand on Alekh's black shining coat."To apun konsa tujhey apne kisi addey mein qaid kar raha tha?" asks Alekh, his tone that of an angry person.Sighing Neelu says, "Alright bro main chalti hun",hugging Yudi, she waves byes to both of them and leaves. Yudi points a finger and warns Alekh "dekh meri behn se durr reh!"Getting angry Alekh moves forth and says "warna? warna kya karega?" Then relaxing, Yudi says, "nahi yaar main kya karunga, kuch bhi to nahi. Just chill brother",smiles Yudi, getting scared."Fattu Sala!" says Alekh, creasing his brows.

Ali and Pooja sit on the stair of KMA."Oye Ali tujhey pata hai maine Freshers' Party mein kayi photos click ki hain""acha dikhayiye""haan dikhati hun, par pehle hum to ek photo yahan ek saath click kar lein""nahi Pooja ji aap bhi kya photos click kar rhi hain yahan!""Arey tu kya ladkiyon ki tarah sharma raha hai! Ek photo hi to hai! Pehle kabhi photo nahi kheechwayi kya kisi ladki ke saath?""Nahi Pooja ji, apne behno ke alawa kabhi kisi ladki ke saath humne photo nahi khichwayi!" "Haye rabba Ali. Tu kis duniya mein rehta hai? Acha ek to hogi koi?" Ali shakes his head to a 'no', lowering his eyes. Knowing the truth makes Pooja to smile. "Chal koi baat nahi aaj khichwa le" smiles Pooja. They both stare each other, smiling. Bringing the mobile in front, so that they are facing the camera of her mobile, Pooja clicks their picture. Showing the picture to him, Pooja says "Waah Ali teri photo to bohot achi aayi hai!""apki bhi" smiles Ali. "Hmm... main to issey apne mobile memory mein save karke rakhungi, aur kabhi delete nahi hone dungi". Then lowering her voice, she says "Aur dil mein bhi save karke rakhungi". They both stare each other. "Ahmm... Pooja ji bohot der ho chuki hai aap thak gayi hongi, jayiye jakar thoda aaram kar lijiye""Theek hai tu bhi!"As she gets up and walks towards her room, Ali calls her from behind,"Pooja ji!""hmmm...", she turns to look at him. "Aap party mein bohot achi lag rahi thi" Ali gives her compliment.Blushing, she lowers her eyes, then look at him she says"Thank you. Tu bhi kafi acha lag raha tha" They both smile and go to their respective room.

Suriji escorts Lolita Ma'am to her room. Standing at the door, Lolita Ma'am says lovingly, "Suriji!"Smiling, Suriji replies "Hanji Lolita ji""Mujhey apse kuch kehna hai""Main to kabse intezaar kar raha hun Lolita ji" "Main bhi kabse ye apse kehna chahti thi Suriji" Blushing, and closing his eyes out of shyness, Suriji says, "bus ab to keh hi dijiye aap, main tayyar hun sunne ke liye""Mujhey...""Haan ji" "Aapse..."Getting extremely excited, with a shaky voice he says "han ji boliye na" "Suriji mujhey aapse kehna hai ki aap ab yahan se jaiye, mujhey rest karna hai" says Lolita Ma'am, all together. Opening his eyes, he says"han ji! Aap... Aapko ye... aapko ye bolna tha?" "Haan Suriji ab aap please jaiye""Theek hai ji, mera bhi waqt ayega, dekh lijiyega. Main bhi apko pareshan karunga. Dil tod diya aaj apne"saying this and with a broken heart, Suriji leaves.

Taking a deep breath Naina says"ahmmm... I must leave now, Pooja mera wait kar rahi hogi". Rajveer nods, giving her permission to leave.

Naveen's voice over :

Har saal ki tarah iss saal bhi Freshers' Party ne kayi logo ko paas la diya. Log ek-dusre ko samajhne lagey. Har institution mein Freshers' Party rakhne ka yahi motive hota hai ki log ek dusre ko jaane-pehchane. KMA ke iss freshers' party ka bhi yahi motive tha, jo ki pura hote hue dikh raha hai. Ab ye dekhna diljasp hoga ki aaj jin logon mein dosti hui hai, wo dosti ye log kab tak aur kis hadd tak nibhate hain.